The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fat pixel digital backs

fotolli

Sorry, I realise it doesn´t really work a s a little jpeg without the possibility to zoom in and see all the deatil in the skin, hairs, pores...

MARKC

Interesting Coca Cola Bike ! :thumbup:

T* Biogon_SWCM_P25+

ALPA / HASS V / LEICA S & M / PHASEONE IQ & P+

MARKC

Picture In Picture :toocool:

T* Biogon 38/4.5_SWCM_P25+

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
i finally put my money where my mouth is. and got one! Aptus II 22 on its way yay!
:chug: ENJOY! I still love my Aptus 65M too. As mentioned here many times, there really is something special about these fat pixel backs that I'm sure when we look back over time we'll realize were perhaps the pinnacle of colour / acuity rendering vs the pure pixel resolution and technical perfection of the latest backs, especially as we move to CMOS. Sometimes less really is more I believe.

Professional

:chug: ENJOY! I still love my Aptus 65M too. As mentioned here many times, there really is something special about these fat pixel backs that I'm sure when we look back over time we'll realize were perhaps the pinnacle of colour / acuity rendering vs the pure pixel resolution and technical perfection of the latest backs, especially as we move to CMOS. Sometimes less really is more I believe.
It is, and i am still dreaming about those newest or latest DMF but i know i can't afford that, so i stay with oldies fat pixels until one day i can have newest gear in MF, and to my eyes maybe, i feel shots out of my old H3DII-39 were more appealing or better than my current H4D-60, i mean i feel H3D shots were sharper and more natural colors than H4D-60, but when i said that to one person who represent Hasselblad in Middle East he told me it is not correct, so hope it was my imagination then.

spencer007

Just a test with a Phase One P25 DB on a Hasselblad V 500CM,
with all the different interweaved clothing on the couch and cloths at some distance from each other I was convinced there would be moire issues. Nope ... Converting the picture into bw to try to get moire... nope... my 'test object' my daughter of 2+ years wouldn't stop moving .. focus on the face is not as sharp then again ... moire will always be there, its just a matter of photographing that piece of brick or cloth that has at that distance just that size of the receiving pixels. Moire issues with 22MP chips are well known, but only at that distance and at that weaving. Moire issues with more MP are less known but just there as good as well, on smaller weavings than lets say jeans and will be visible on lets say silk weavings at that specific distance... anyhow ... I'm a broadcast guy from cinealta, arri 35mm and most recently coming from canon 5dmkii converted to be able to use hasselblad lenses.. this combination is right for me...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/axelerator/15234690165/in/set-72157646825089388

arionelli

To keep this thread treading water some more...I just moved into a P25+ for my Contax 645 after dithering about for a little while with my other MF system, a Hasselblad 503/CFV, etc...in the end the Contax won out for its overall greater usability, especially when just after I mounted the back my wife lifted it from my hands and off she went...she would never even touch the 'blad (that left to right thing)......Unless I fluke something though, it'll be a while before I land any pics here because without much time on my hands, I find wading through the digital processing room still quite daunting...
Full disclosure:- Top notch Hassy V system now for sale...when I get around to it I'll detail it in the ads...
A huge thank 'ee to Steve for setting me up and helping me get going...good pro service!
Martin

Last edited:

MARKC

This thread was sinked for a while, anyone has new photos to add :cool:...?

One corner in Orient Vegas - MACAO :thumbup:

Hasselblad 903SWC_P25+

Attachments

Last edited:

Jan

Picture In Picture :toocool:

T* Biogon 38/4.5_SWCM_P25+

Would you mind sharing some technical settings used for this image? I assume you dialed in a smaller aperture and focused infinity ?