The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

extended warranty options on p65+

mmbma

Hi

Could anyone recommend a good extended warranty program for a P65+ back? I got a quote from a dealer of 1500/ year for repair or 2700/ year for repair + loaner. Sounds high. Does anyone use a good program that is below 1k?

Thanks

mmbma

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
There is only one company that warranties Phase One backs: Phase One

That is the correct price since your back is currently out of warranty.

It's a bit lower if you extend the warranty during the warranty period.

gazwas

Sounds about right from what I remember.

Why such a worry for extended warranty?

I suspect the lion share of P back users (myself included) are blisfully happy shooting backs long out of warranty with zero issues and much fatter bank balances. The P backs have been bomb proof from the begining.

I used to work in a high volume studio shooting Lightphase and early P20, P21, P30's, putting literally thousands of actuations on the backs per month and never had a single back fail. Plenty of RZ's, AFDII did.......