The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RZ67 Pro IID / P65+ flash sync question

Gilles L.

I am having a problem finding the right setting for flash sync with my RZ67 Pro IID and P65+: whether I shoot 1/30 or 1/400 I get the same exposure, although the shutter speed is properly recorded in the body and Capture One (when tethered). The shutter speed works fine outdoor without the flash sync cable connected to the lens. Am I missing something?

Here are my settings:

RZ67 Pro IID:
- shutter set to white dot
- R-M lever set to M

P65+:
- normal latency (tried zero as well but didn't make a difference)
- Camera mode set to RZ67 Pro II D

Strobes:
Elinchrom BX500Ri - tried both skyport to hotshoe and cable to lens flash sync.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gilles

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, you mean the amount of light from ambient remains the same or the amount of light from the strobe remains the same.

Because is all (or nearly all) your light is coming from strobe, then changing shutter speeds won't change your exposure. That's rather the entire idea of high flash sync speeds :).

Gilles L.

Hi Doug, thanks for getting back to me. The amount of ambient light changes, but the amount of light from the strobes remains the same. But since the RZ67 is a leaf shutter camera system, wouldn't it allow flash sync across all shutter speeds?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi Doug, thanks for getting back to me. The amount of ambient light changes, but the amount of light from the strobes remains the same. But since the RZ67 is a leaf shutter camera system, wouldn't it allow flash sync across all shutter speeds?
Is it possible you had a typo in your original post or in this one?

The amount of ambient light should change. The amount of light from the strobes should remain the same. So what is wrong?

Gilles L.

Forget I even asked Doug... Looks like my dyslexia kicked in this morning, I was convinced of the contrary... Thanks for taking the time to get me back in my right mind!