The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ2 Sample files?

gazwas

Has anyone see any sample file from any of the IQ2 backs yet?

I personally would low to see examples of the DR increases over P+ and IQ1, plus IQ260 vs IQ280 DR/rendering. Itching to see some long exposure images out of the IQ260. I also know some who would love to see the results from the new Achromatic (Jag).

Come on Phase One (Dealers?) we want pictures to drool over!

mmbma

Here's an image from a Chinese medium format forum. The photographer who posted this had his hands on an IQ260 during Phase promo event in China.

Model : IQ260
Aperture : f/9.0
Exposure time : 479.996474736
ISO : 140
Focal length : 28mm

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
It goes without saying that the quality of the prototype hardware and the quality of the raw processing in the beta version supporting the IQ2 is still being worked on. Though, that looks damn good already.

gazwas

Great start to the thread and I can't wait to see more as the cameras get into the wild!

Those images do look promising and I'm sure will improve a lot at the new chip matures and Phase get to know it better.

Keep them coming!

Altdo

Just curious the exact location that these images came from?
I know the Photographer and I think we can all agree that credit should be given where credit is due. These aren't official test shot's from Phase One, they are someones personal work, done with a Prototype. Images that were never released for circulation.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
These images are a Phase employees that's a fact . They are test images from a prototype back and do not represent a final version. I'm on location but one of the mods will address this. These should NOT have been posted

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Also these files are processed in a beta C1 software that is not public. I'm shocked they made it off someone's machine and posted here without full details

gazwas

Oh come one everyone - we're all in the same boat wanting to know what the new cameras can produce. Nothing got damaged, no people got hurt or made any money from posting these images.

I can't believe these images are going to be taken down because they are not "officially" passed by Phase One - Are they controlling the internet and this forum now, allowing us to see only what they want?

I personally think these samples are great and show how good the back is looking regardless of beta this - prototype that.

P1 has 4 months to tweak this thing so we all know its only going to get better.

mmbma

UPDATES

The image I posted are reposts from a Chinese forum. (as I stated in the very first post). One of the senior members there had access to these images through attending a Phase one promo events. No credits were mentioned in the original post. I was contacted this morning with information that these iamges are the property of Ulf Liljegren.

He is the head of the Support Department at Phase One. These images were not given out by him for any circulation and he was quite surprised to find that they have made their way off his personal system and onto the web.

Also these are taken by a Prototype IQ260 and processed in Capture One 7.1 which does not fully support the files for Color Correction or Curve, hence the slight halo effect on the horizon.

Hope that sets the record straight!

gazwas

Also these are taken by a Prototype IQ260 and processed in Capture One 7.1 which does not fully support the files for Color Correction or Curve, hence the slight halo effect on the horizon.
I know team P1 has taken some stick in the past from posting images from beta products and forum members picking holes in the images like it was a final release product but for heavens sake P1 these images look amazing even at this early stage. I'd be joining up dot to dot puzzles all over my P65+ images at a a fraction of these exposure times......