The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

digital back adaptors

J

John Cox

I have a really easy question. I know I can get adapters to use Hasselblad H system digital backs on the Mamiya RZ. I can also use Mamiya M system backs on the RZ. Can I use non M system backs on M bodies? Can I use non H system backs on H bodies? What about the Hasselblad V system?

Thanks
John

gazwas

On a tech camera yes but on a SLR no such adapters. However, in the case of Phase One backs the mount will need changing which is very expensive.

lowep

The legacy Sinar eMotion digital back gives the option of interchangeable mounts for Hassy, Mamiya, Contax, Fuji etc etc

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Families of bodies which are completely "mount specific":
- Phase One / Mamiya 645
- Hassy H
- Hassy 500
- Contax 645
- Rollei 6008
- Rollei Hy6 / Leaf AFi

Families of bodies which can use multiple types of bodies, albeit with some limitations on some body+mount combos:
- Fuji 680
- Mamiya RZ

Families of bodies which will accept any mount with no limitations:
- Most view cameras
- All tech cameras like Arca Swiss RM3Di, Cambo Wide RS, Alpa Max

A good dealer can step you through all these intro questions very efficiently, and more importantly can answer the questions you don't know yet to ask :).