The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's an IQ140 worth?

Pemihan

I might have the opportunity to buy a very low mileage IQ140, only a little over a year old..
Anybody have an idea what the right price would be with the IQ260/280 coming?

Thanks
Peter

Pics2

Nobody is answering, since it's not an easy one.
Is there any warranty with the back? How many auctions are there? Are you in US or Europe (prices differ)?
I think Guy sold his back for around 16000$ last year. And I think it was way too cheap at the time. I think that price can still apply for a private sale. let's say around 15000$.
IQ 260/280 won't affect IQ140 price, since these are different backs. There is no IQ240.
But, this is just a guess. The fair price is one that you both agree on. Isn't there the buyers offer?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a used back such as warranty.

It can have minimal captures, but if it is not covered under warranty it can cost you more in the long run.

Phase One allows you to add warranty to both in and out of warranty digital backs, but of course if you add it after the warranty expires, you pay a premium and have to wait 30 days before using it for a repair. In warranty renewal per year $1,199 and out of warranty $1,799 (classic).

That being said, Phase One IQ140's are currently priced new @ $19,990 Classic and $23,990 Value Added.(description of warranty and coverage here

As a side note We do have a IQ140 pre-owned with Value Added Warranty remaining if you would like to check with us that is priced well.

Lance (email me)