The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Case/bag for a Cambo WDS?

I've just moved to a Cambo WDS + P45, and am looking for a good bag/case to carry it in. I don't really want to go for a backpack-style case as my 35mm outfit lives in one, and carrying two backpack-style cases is a pain. Given that the WDS is a bit of an awkwardly sized beast, I've done some looking around at local suppliers and it seems that a lot of cases they have around are just a little small in one dimension or the other to be able to carry the WDS efficiently. A Pelican-style case seems to be about the only way to go, but before I go there: are there any soft/semi-hard cases out there that people have had good success with for carrying a WDS, a P45 and bits, and possibly an extra lens or two and possibly a Macbook Air?

Thanks!

Check Think Tank Photo Sling-O-Matic. I use it for professional camcorder as well as for my Arca Swiss RM3Di. Sometime I load my Technical Camera & Nikon 35mm in same back pack. It really depends on where I'm going and how much I'm carrying. While travelling, I usually put MFDB, technical camera & lenses in Phase One Pelican case. When I get down from car and need to hike / walk arounds, I load my gears into bag / backpack.

If it is air travel, then it depends who else are travelling with me to carry my extra bags. My family thinks I don't know how to enjoy the vacation and travel light.

Subrata

thrice

Shoulder bags have ruined my back, so if you're carrying an even marginally heavy kit, I recommend something with a hip belt.