The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Smart Flex L-Plate

kdphotography

Very interesting. Only stickler on L-plates for the Phase camera body is making sure there is enough clearance to use the electromagnetic release cable. It was hard to see on the video, but looks like you can still use the cable, or at least without much interference.

I'd like to know more!

ken

Don Libby

Agree, very interesting. Sadly the computer I used to view the video didn't have sound so I'm left asking the following...

What does the plate weigh? What's the availability here in the States? Then there's the price...

Regarding what Ken mentioned on the release cable - I've begun using the same cable I use for my WRS tech cam and so far have not had any problems; actually it's slightly easier to use than the electromagnetic release.

Thanks for sharing

Don

jotloob

Subscriber Member
That looks really very interesting and solid . I tried to find more info but could Not find anything . Does anyone know more and could give links ? ? ?
Technical details , price and where to buy ?

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Here is a contact e-mail for those , who are interested .
[email protected] . No further info yet .
Got a reply, price is $425 euros which includes the bracket and PhaseOne plate. plates for other camera bodies in the "near future".

I noticed it's being manufactured in the Netherlands by Cambo -printed on a PDF file he sent me. Don't remember noticing that in the video but maybe it was there.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
. . . .
I noticed it's being manufactured in the Netherlands by Cambo -printed on a PDF file he sent me. Don't remember noticing that in the video but maybe it was there.
Wayne

It is shown at the end of this page Smart Flex L-Plate | ksc.co.th

I have placed an order for the HASSELBLAD V-SYSTEM version .
Same price as for the PHASE version .
I think , this L-Plate is just great . No more trouble to change between
horizontal and vertical position of the digital back . No more "gymn" when you want to shoot in vertical .

S

seta

Hi all,
Been reading the forum for years but this is my first post as it is something I humbly can contribute.

The designer of the Smart Flex is the southeast asian main distributor for Phase One and Cambo products. He got Cambo to make them in the Netherlands as he felt that he could not get the same quality from Asian suppliers, hence the relatively highish pricing.

I am a Phase user and bought equipments from him but in no way affiliated with him.

I got one of the first batch and absolutely love it. Make life so much easier. All the controls and connections are accessible. Nowadays when outside, I put it on a monopod, and able to flip for vertical shots in 4 seconds. Even the 300/4.5 balanced very well as the plate can move backward with ease. It is however not compatible with the V grip.

The Phase One plate has the two locking notch so couldn't be use with other cameras that I own (Canon EOS) but he told me he will be coming out with plates for other bodies soon. I could see that Hass V users will love this and the leaf rotating back will have less of a reason to sell.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Awesome Wayne. I'm sure a little user report everyone would enjoy to hear when you have the time. I'm waiting on his Nikon unit when he gets one going.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Received mine today. Seems very well made. I attached a arca swiss plate to the bottom so I could easily get it onto my cube. Rotation is smooth, thumb screws are easy to tighten up. You can leave the bracket on the tripod, using the camera bracket as a quick release if you want. I like how the safety catch to keep the camera from sliding out of the brackets can be easily opened and closed. Camera seems solid, and you can position the body so the accessary port on the camera is accessible for a cable release.

Hope to get out and shoot with it in the next few days.

alajuela

Received mine today. Seems very well made. I attached a arca swiss plate to the bottom so I could easily get it onto my cube. Rotation is smooth, thumb screws are easy to tighten up. You can leave the bracket on the tripod, using the camera bracket as a quick release if you want. I like how the safety catch to keep the camera from sliding out of the brackets can be easily opened and closed. Camera seems solid, and you can position the body so the accessary port on the camera is accessible for a cable release.

Hi Wayne

Mine is on the way ;) You think there is a way to still use the hand strap?

Thanks so much

Phil

jotloob

Subscriber Member

That sounds very good.
As I have ordered the HASSELBLAD Version , I will still have to wait a bit . Impatiently .:)