The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Smart Flex L-Plate

algrove

Sunchai

Just a question about the GFX. Once available will you be making a base plate for that camera/model? Thanks.

algrove

Also works great with any of the RRS extension rails.

Paul Caldwell
I had problems using an RRS extension rail on my 645Z when going to portrait mode as the RRS base plate would always slip a bit especially when using the zoom 28-45mm wide angle lens due to its weight I assumed. Sometimes during long usage the lens weight would shift the camera all the way down until it rested on the bracket.

That is why a base plate specific to the GFX would be best. The XF plate has pins that protrude into holes on the bottom of ther body preventing slippage as I described above.

Sunchai

Sunchai

Just a question about the GFX. Once available will you be making a base plate for that camera/model? Thanks.
Thanks and happy to share this image (although it's poor image)

Just found out that the GFX and H camera have almost the same distance from the center of lens to the camera base

So using the H plate to mounted the GFX on the smart Flex. as showed.
note that the battery door and the ports door of the GFX is free to be open when need.
However, the GFX plate is under designing and should be done soon.
Thanks,;)

bab

Thanks for working with Smart Flex.
There are many of the extension bracket available in the market.
But the one in this picture is Novaflex (called Focusing Racks)mounted on top of the panorama head.

So sorry that can not show with the HTS adapter, however the distance (space) of this 2 part is 44mm.
Hope its help.
Thanks and best Regards,
Sunchai.;)

Thank you got it works it not real smooth because you have to turn the HTS mid way before switching from landscape to portrait or the HTS wont clear the corners hit but it works finally.
thanks so much for the pictures couldn't quite get it without pictures.

Barry

algrove

Thanks and happy to share this image (although it's poor image)

Just found out that the GFX and H camera have almost the same distance from the center of lens to the camera base

So using the H plate to mounted the GFX on the smart Flex. as showed.
note that the battery door and the ports door of the GFX is free to be open when need.
However, the GFX plate is under designing and should be done soon.
Thanks,;)
Kindly let me know when the GFX plate is available. I am in the US. Where could I get one?

Paul2660

Capture Integration in Atlanta sells the full line of Smart Flex. I assume they will start to stock the plate for Fuji and Hasselblad once they are available.

Ask for Steve Hendrix at CI

Paul Caldwell