The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I hate you guys

thrice

I just spent more than my first car (which I bought new) buying an Alpa and P45.

You should all take a long hard look at yourselves leaving young single-income me in the poor-house.

Posting all those sexy tech cameras and the resulting images - I'm looking at you Dan Lindberg.

Bad, bad people.

:chug:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Congratulation .:thumbup:
But . . . . this is only the start . Get prepared to spend even more money and starve to death for good gear and images . This is independant of the brand .

You will see when you start purchasing all the little goodies and rodi lenses ;). Don't worry I sold all my cars to have my Alpa ;)

Good thing is that your Alpa will hold its value far more than your car will!

evgeny

You need an appropriate income to buy this stuff. :thumbs:

If you don't, sell your Alpa to the bad people. :chug: :thumbdown:

Be happy! :clap:

danlindberg

I just spent more than my first car (which I bought new) buying an Alpa and P45.

You should all take a long hard look at yourselves leaving young single-income me in the poor-house.

Posting all those sexy tech cameras and the resulting images - I'm looking at you Dan Lindberg.

Bad, bad people.

:D:D:D

A BIG congratulation on a great body and back :thumbs: It will serve you well and hopefully inspire to great imagery!

You 'can' consider yourself lucky in one department.....how to store/carry your stuff. I'm struggling to make it comfortable and logical. Right now I am custombuilding a big case, but it will not fit....I just took a snap right at it and behind there are plenty more.....:p All boxes completely full....

Ps. feel free to pm me on anything Alpa :)

M

mjr

Congratulations on the Alpa, I am very very proud of the fact that my alpa kit actually cost more than the house I own! I think it shows great character and a real understanding of what's important in life!

Mat

thrice

PM'ing you is what got me in this mess Dan! :p

It's ok though, I'm very excited, still a few weeks since Alpa are re-making the 35 APO-Digitar for me. The 52mm thread is far more convenient for me than the 72mm of the 36 APO-Switar.

D

Deleted member 7792

Bad, bad people.

Just wait until your "friends" talk you into getting married and having kids. You'll move from the poor-house annex to the main building. :ROTFL:

Don Libby

That's okay - you'll hate us even more as the talk of lenses and maybe upgrading that back to an IQ gets underway. Congratulations by the way!

Don

darr

Congrats!
That is what I shoot, a Max and a P45. I have the Schneider's 47, 72 and currently waiting on delivery all the way from Australia for my 28.
Welcome to the club. :)

Darr

kdphotography

Geeez, only on GetDPI.

It's like a housewarming or baby shower. Where else could you receive so many warm congratulations on the arrival of the new baby Alpa into the household?

:D

Shashin

Bad, bad people.

Spoken like a true addict. Welcome to the maximum insecurity ward. Be careful of the advice from the inmates. A friendly bunch, to be sure, but medical advice from the patient is not always the best.

Last edited:

Godfrey

I dont even want to look at how expensive an Alpa, lens, and digital back might be, never mind the rest of the junk you have to buy to take advantage of it properly. I thought spending $7000 for an M9 was kinda wacky. Of course, I did it anyway... =8^0

But heck, good luck with it! I hope it proves worth the expense for your photography!

fotografz

You don't need no stinking car to make photographs.

A dumpy little house can be thought of as a nice camera option ... someplace to store the stuff.

Family and kids are over rated. All they do is suck up your gear money and shooting time, are ungrateful, then later move back in to your dumpy little house with a pregnant wife, and it starts all over again. Kids are like fly paper, you can't get them off your hands.

;)

congratulations!

that's what i like here - it's the only place where you can get standing ovations for such an invest, while your ordinary friends (or family members) are delivering you to psychiatric ward ... :D:ROTFL:

thrice

Inquiring minds want to know: which ALPA?
I ummed and ahh'd for at least a month, flipflopping between the stc and the swa.

However, the siren call was too great in the end and I went with the swa for a combination off looks, ergonomics and extent of single direction shift.

Last edited: