The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I hate you guys

danlindberg

But...is the filmplane in the correct position? Is your focusing scale on the Alpa lenses correct also with this setup? Infinity is infinity...?

Dan,
I use just the regular Hasselblad V adapter for my Hasselblad A12 film back. This is not the most convenient way to use the film magazine, but the ALPA camera allows me to use such super-wide angle lens on the full square A12 film back that my Hasselblad is limited by itself. It is the looks that I go after and this combo works for me despite the fact that such lens is considered to have small image circle and incapable of covering just a nearly full frame 645 digital sensor. For me in birth, life seeks way to live that we cannot confine to boundary.

Best Regards,

etrump

I feel your pain. Dan, Guy and Jack have done more damage to the wallets of unsuspecting zealots than we will ever know.

M

mjr

That really is interesting, I have a V mount DB on my STC and I've been resisting the extremely high price of an Alpa film back, I have no idea why I didn't think of experimenting with the A12 back!

Thanks for opening my rather slow mind to this option.

Mat

Dan,
I use just the regular Hasselblad V adapter for my Hasselblad A12 film back. This is not the most convenient way to use the film magazine, but the ALPA camera allows me to use such super-wide angle lens on the full square A12 film back that my Hasselblad is limited by itself. It is the looks that I go after and this combo works for me despite the fact that such lens is considered to have small image circle and incapable of covering just a nearly full frame 645 digital sensor. For me in birth, life seeks way to live that we cannot confine to boundary.

Best Regards,

thrice

Of course, as soon as I spend the (let's be frank) substantial amount required to enter into the Alpa+MFDB world, a tonne of unforeseen unrelated expenses come up.
I'm keeping above water, barely. But my stress levels sure are high.

Off to London and Germany next week, hopefully that will take the edge off.

PeterA

The Alpa is the 'Morgan' of cameras and you have chosen the best of the bodies to start with - well done - 35 Schneider + P45+ perfecto.:thumbup:

danlindberg

The Alpa is the 'Morgan' of cameras and you have chosen the best of the bodies to start with - well done - 35 Schneider + P45+ perfecto.:thumbup:
Couldn't agree more. A very nice combination indeed. Just make sure you shim the back to perfection and get the HPF rings - then you can trust the scale down to the last mm.

Congratulations!!! My wife & kids doesn't understand why MF gears takes priority over buying a house, that is too when I don't have income from photography! :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Congratulations!!! My wife & kids doesn't understand why MF gears takes priority over buying a house, that is too when I don't have income from photography! :)
House? HOUSE????

Oh, you mean the really BIG camera bag with a roof on it and garage for the printer and mobile camera bag (Land Rover). It's home to all of the rest of the gear, hundreds of bags, tripods, lenses, DSLRs, film cameras, gun safe with the good stuff in it (MFDBs & Alpa etc), etc etc. :ROTFL:

Shashin

...that is too when I don't have income from photography! :)
Well, with the some of the pros are around here, I doubt they are actually making an income because of their gear. The profession is more like debt control. Assets and liabilities seem to be one and the same thing.

dorigatti

You don't need no stinking car to make photographs.

A dumpy little house can be thought of as a nice camera option ... someplace to store the stuff.

Family and kids are over rated. All they do is suck up your gear money and shooting time, are ungrateful, then later move back in to your dumpy little house with a pregnant wife, and it starts all over again. Kids are like fly paper, you can't get them off your hands.

;)
My Indian guru once told me that being celibate will avoid 95% of all life's problems....