The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First back suggestions for Tech cam (and possible MF SLR)

Ken_R

Hi!

Thx to DT I just got my first ever tech cam/mfdb setup.

Yes, its not a bargain setup by any stretch. (Arca Rm3Di / 40mm HR / IQ160).

The resolution wipes the floor silly with the D800E and even beats the 645D (mainly due to the lens but also the higher MP count). It is not a close call. I expected this but with so much bullcrud on the net about how there is not a huge diff between a D800E and a IQ180 one might have small doubts. Don't. (that is given equally good technique when making comparisons)

That said, what really impressed me the most is how well the screen and Live View of the IQ back helps in composing images. It all makes using a tech cam a joy. Without those features its trial and error. It really must be used to be appreciated. The focus mask also works very well.

For anyone going the tech cam route the IQ backs are a must IMHO. Yes, even the IQ140 is worthy. So if you can stretch your budget for an IQ back you wont be sorry.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice :thumbs:

Folks who've never seen nor used tech camera lenses and mfdb really don t appreciate how good these systems are. If you enjoy using a technical camera it's hard to use something else.

Now you just need to sell a couple of kidneys and get the 23HR and 90HR to fill out the system :grin: