The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Few Questions and Introduction

The Phase One IQ series are ridiculously fast where image handling is concerned, and to be honest, they're the only system I've seen in person where the screen is useful for more than just checking the histogram.

Check out this overview by Zack Arias: PhaseOne IQ140 - A quick walk around. - YouTube
Skip to 4:50 for the playback menu. The IQ180 I had a hands on with didn't seem slow at all, which is impressive, considering the resolution.

Been sitting on the fence a long while, but I really want an IQ back, maybe I can pick up a 140 for not too much.

Dustbak

BC, nice to see you have found this place. I use a H4D60 and H3D31 with a 15" MBP with TB. The 31 is great, I can shoot continuously with it to the MBP (which has the optional SSD installed). I run days with 1200 to 1500 images per day without issues. The only occassional issue I have with the 31 is the FW disconnect, allegedly this is solved with the H5. Today I ordered an upgrade to the H5D40 just to get the better FW connectivity. During heavy shooting days I want to have the most stable platform I can find.

I hope to get it somewhere next week.

Ah... The Aptus.. I really liked the colors that came out of that back. The first Aptus17 I owned was way off towards green which was a bit startling but after correction colors were great. The 22 was a lot better.

Anyway, be sure to testdrive the H5D40 but my guess is that you will like it but might have to get used to it. The H and me was not love at first sight but today I would not want to shoot something else. Even though I really have to admit that the IQ260 is looking really tempting. For replacing my 60, I surely also would like to have something that is faster, has smaller files, a bit higher ISO, etc..