The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

selfmade one shot cable release

after month of constant anger about the two-hand action with my arca and the h3d-back - i triggered the back with my left hand first and then the copal shutter with my right hand. :loco:
(unfortunately my old back won't work flawlessly when triggered by the copal sync contact, it requires some milliseconds of head start)

the original on shot cable release from capture group seemed a littlebit bulky and no bargain at all.
finally i found the alpa sync release - great engineered tool, but as i saw the price tag, i thought "man, what is it build of - gold?" :bugeyes:

so i decided to build my own one shot cable release.

one double cable release adapter which where used usually to trigger analog cameras with attached bellows for macro shots. 5€ at the second hand store.
and a little switch for about 2€.
finally a ball pen had to became an organ donor for it's spring.

total costs <10€ :thumbup:

the tricky part was the triggering sequence.
because the electrical trigger has to come first and still there has to be enough movement for the cable release to trigger the shutter.

it works great, can't wait to shoot my first lcc shot without fiddling arround :D

julienlanoo

Hi, it's a nice idea, but i think it wouldn't work with phase ones backs..? ( no ? )
As the Phaseone back needs at the end of the photo the shutter do close the "flash" cirquit, so it knows the image is done;..

What are your thoughts ? ..

greets
ju

i don't know how the p1 backs work, but yes, that might be a problem.

my h3d-39 back only needs a start trigger and as long as the circuit is closed it will expose.

the other problem could be the availability of the specific p1 connector.