The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Too many gear to choose from but DON"T WANT TO SELL

Mammy645

I find that sometimes it can be a good thing to NOT use the "appropriate" camera for the job. Limitations can lead to some pretty interesting and unique results.

My problem is I usually gravitate towards big, slow and cumbersome cameras, something I regret every time I travel (which I do a lot). But then I see the results, and all that back pain seems worth it, or so I tell myself.

Creativity is a cruel and demanding mistress.

I find that sometimes it can be a good thing to NOT use the "appropriate" camera for the job. Limitations can lead to some pretty interesting and unique results.

My problem is I usually gravitate towards big, slow and cumbersome cameras, something I regret every time I travel (which I do a lot). But then I see the results, and all that back pain seems worth it, or so I tell myself.

Creativity is a cruel and demanding mistress.
I'm of mixed standing on this, on one hand I just love lugging big impractical cameras around, but sometimes cheese is just the topping that works.

Just about an hour ago I was using my 5D2 with grip and 85L and wasn't getting a satisfactory result no matter what, I was about to freak out, so I grab my 400D with mutilated kit lens panic button and make the best shots of the day.

I think if I had an iPhone I would've gotten a Pulitzer by now.