The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya Leaf Announces Two New Credo Models

yaya

Mamiya Leaf is pleased to announce the availability of two new models in the Credo range: The Credo WS 80 & the Credo WS 60

The WS (Wide Spectrum) backs are based on the successful Credo 60 and 80 backs. However there is one difference, the Infrared block filter has been replaced with a custom glass filter and the sensor's position has been adjusted. This extends the captured spectrum of the back, enabling recording of Near IR images (~700nm).

By using different filters mounted on the lens you can achieve dream-like effects with false colors - especially in landscape images that include foliage. They can also be used for research and scientific purposes using UV lights.

Amr El-Shafei, a US based landscape photographer and a well known cardiologist, has been using several IR converted digital backs and has recently added a Credo WS 80 to his camera bag: "The combination of a high resolution, high dynamic range camera with the ability to capture such a wide spectrum allows me to create the type of images I could never make before in either color or black & white and produce very high quality, large prints."

An IR block filter can be fitted onto the lens to allow "normal" color images to be captured. The new backs are available in Mamiya AFD/ DF/ DF+ and V (Universal) mounts.

A standard Credo 80 or Credo 60 in M or V mount can be converted.

Set up a demo with a Mamiya Leaf expert

More info on Leaf Credo WS

BR

Yair

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
And a special congrats to Amr for getting the credit he deserves!

Stefan Steib

Congrats to Leaf :clap:

One of the best moves since a long time ! This is what many people can use for a lot of things. MF Photography needs to be as versatile as possible and this is definitely the case !

Hopefully the price is NOT as high as the achromatic or the new BW IQ2.

greetings from Germany

Stefan

yaya

Hi Stefan, yes this is exciting and I cannot wait to receive my demo Credo 60WS and a bunch of filters.
The new backs are priced exactly the same as their "normal" brethren

Cheers

Yair

yaya

Hi Stefan, UV bandpass filters are hard to come by as silica-based glass absorbs UV light...as do most commercially available lenses.

But we're working with a few institutes that use UV lights and they have their own filters

BR

Yair

Jeremy

Now I'm waiting on the Leica announcement that says how the new Leica Typ 240 is being used by a well-known dentist.

yaya

Now I'm waiting on the Leica announcement that says how the new Leica Typ 240 is being used by a well-known dentist.
Jeremy you might wish to consider posting this in the Leica forum? or otherwise post something a bit more respectful maybe?

Moderators feel free to move/ remove the above post...