The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WiFi used with a Tech Camera

jvora

Hello :

Here is a question just for my understanding -

With the introduction of the Phase One IQ 2xx can an iPad/iPhone be used to trigger a capture on a Tech Camera such as an Alpa ? OR would the only way would be to physically press the shutter release on the camera and review the image on an iPad/iPhone - Kindly confirm.

Jai

Aviv1887

I don't think so since you can't do that currently through C1 either. You still have to cock the shutter and fire. Certainly on a DF, and I can image on an Alpa FPS aswell.

gerald.d

No need to cock the shutter on the FPS.

The FPS has a connection for firing the shutter (I use this connection with my Seitz VR Drive so that the Seitz fires the shutter automatically when shooting a panorama).

I can't imagine it would be that difficult technically to have a wireless trigger on the same network as the back and iPad.

Alternatively, perhaps this wouldn't even be necessary if the wired connection between the IQ and the FPS could be used to send a trigger signal from the back to the camera?

Stefan Steib

We can use a remote radio control/Timer/trigger on our HCam-B1.
So you can release the camera and if the back is WiFi connected to a receiving computer (with C1) you can shot remotely with full comfort.

Greetings from Germany

Stefan