The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DF autofocus whacked

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
So it seems my DF autofocus basically just "hunts". Sometimes it will stop, but most of the time, it just focuses till it's sharp, then suddenly starts the process over. With the 240, it means going all the way to something close and then back.

I assume the body has an issue, but wondering if this was something anyone experienced and involves something simple like cleaning something, or if its a factory fix.

kdphotography

I know the DF+ had a recent firmware update that addressed autofocus on the LS240---I can't recall if there was similar for the DF body. In the short period that I played with LS240, it seemed to work fine on my DF.

ken

thrice

Hi Wayne, sounds like AF sensor alignment, it has to be VERY accurate and if it goes out slightly the camera will endlessly hunt. The issue might be exasperated with longer lenses, I don't know.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Wayne, I've been using the 240LS with the DF for several months now. No problems at all - does hunt very occasionally but it's subject (low contrast) related. I think you have a DF problem as Daniel suggests.