The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone going to jump on this S2 auction? :)

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
LOL I was following the same listing . I think we are closed to really nice S2 bodies going for $10K and the 70mm lens around $3k . Pretty amazing IQ at that price point .

MaxKißler

What's interesting here is that it went so high, considering the circumstance that this was very obviously either an act of fraud or stolen gear...

"Brand new item found in a storage locker. Comes with 70mm lens. Item needs to be paid for within 2 hours of auction ending. Item is being sold locally also. Good luck!"

monza

It was fraud. I know the high bidder; he bid just to keep someone else from getting scammed, or eBay from paying a claim.

He shared the emails from the 'seller' trying to get paid. Quite humorous if it weren't so shameful, indeed.

kdphotography

There seem to be more fraudulent auctions going on at Ebay, and it doesn't seem like Ebay does much (or cares) about these fraudulent listings.

And others will claim that all these listings of medium format digital systems show the sky is falling.

It really is too bad, as it seems to be getting more and more difficult to screen through what is legitimate or possibly fraudulent. Some scams involve hacking a legitimate ebay profile (with 100% rating) and selling a fraudulent item. I don't waste my time with Ebay anymore.

ken

stephengilbert

eBay is amazing. The seller of this camera has sold several 128GB SD cards, for various prices. One buyer gave him a "neutral" feedback because the card was counterfeit. In spite of this, other people bought the same card.

Ken_R

I have had good results with ebay both selling and buying. Generally if it looks too good to be true it's best to stay away. Also, when buying more expensive items good communication with the seller is key and after an email or two one can tell how familiar and knowledgeable he/she is with the item being sold. If he/she doesn't have a clue, stay away. Product images also can give away fraud. Ask for more images of the item.

If one takes a bit of care ebay is still a good alternative for buying and selling photo gear.

msadat

there are also a lot of h4d brand new from sellers with almost with very low rating and fake pictures on ebay and people bid on them. currently there is one which is being sold again after another guy tried to buy the camera and gave him bad review on thew same camera. don't know whats going on with ebay

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Never underestimate the power of an "unbelievable deal" to motivate people to ignore their better judgement when it comes to eBay.

I see it more often than I care to think about.