The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Remote triggering for Mamiya AFDIII/Phase One

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well still working on some pre dawn shots of some housing and ran into a issue that I may need some advice . My issue is i am not on solid ground to start with here the camera is on a ladder 14 ft up and I am looking at 10 second exposures . Now me being on the ladder is the issue. Holding still for 10 seconds without movement is a pretty tall order. Is there some electronic way for me to compose get it all ready and shoot. I could and have done this is shoot tethered to a laptop with C1. I can actually hit the capture button to fire the camera but can't control the timing. I could shoot AV mode but that is a crap shoot as to how long the shutter stays open. Hmmm

Guy Mancuso

Guy,

You can also remotely trigger with a set of Pocket Wizards. You just need the cable that connects the Wizard to the Mamiya / Phase body. I believe this is the cable that you would need. It's about $120.00.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell
Thanks Chris i saw that on B&H site also . I don't use PW though. I use the Elinchrom Skyports but that is a good solution. I will go cheap and get the 5 meter electro cord . that should do fine. Just go up compose, focus, lock down the mirror and get down to the ground and let it rip. Put on Bulb mode and just count it out.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yeeks. That baby is almost a G1 in price. LOL
Yeah, but you know a friend who already owns one. :D

(PS: With the electro release you ordered you can do the double-pop required for MLU too -- it acts just like the cameras shutter button. Not sure about that with the IR remote, will have to check it.)

Guy Mancuso

Yeah, but you know a friend who already owns one. :D

(PS: With the electro release you ordered you can do the double-pop required for MLU too -- it acts just like the cameras shutter button. Not sure about that with the IR remote, will have to check it.)
You need to give me a list of crap you have.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Maybe we need to start a rental company. LOL

Tim Ernst

I bought a pair of PWs and ordered the cable to use for some lightpaintings I was doing this summer with a p-45 - I needed to be far away from the camera with my spotlights while doing a series of 30 second exposures and this was the best (and only) solution. Took B&H three months to deliver the cable (can't order it direct from the company - I tried), so I ended up doing 20-minute exposures instead (which gave me time to do the lightpainting, but the files were really noisy). The cable/PWs sit new in the package since the job was long since finished and I've not needed the PWs since. A great system for remote trigging though, once you get the cable...