The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any adapter for P6 to Hasselblad HC mount exist?

pentacon6

Hi all, I am new to the digital back world and consider to taste the MF digital. My friend offers me a used Hasselblad H1D with body and HD22 but without lens. I need to buy the lenses myself however, since I am not sure will Hasselblad H be my final system and I have several Pentacon Six such as Carl Zeiss 80mm, 50mm, 180mm and Arsat 30mm fisheye. I think I can live with them for a while if their performance on digital back is reasonable. I just wonder is there any adapter can use my P6 lens on the HC mount. And does HC mount allow to use manual lens on the system? Hope that there will be an answer for this specific question.

I am quite sure I can have a Mamiya 645 AFD to adapter my lenses. Unfortunately, I get no luck to meet this system.

Thanks for your kind reply!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi all, I am new to the digital back world and consider to taste the MF digital. My friend offers me a used Hasselblad H1D with body and HD22 but without lens. I need to buy the lenses myself however, since I am not sure will Hasselblad H be my final system and I have several Pentacon Six such as Carl Zeiss 80mm, 50mm, 180mm and Arsat 30mm fisheye. I think I can live with them for a while if their performance on digital back is reasonable. I just wonder is there any adapter can use my P6 lens on the HC mount. And does HC mount allow to use manual lens on the system? Hope that there will be an answer for this specific question.

I am quite sure I can have a Mamiya 645 AFD to adapter my lenses. Unfortunately, I get no luck to meet this system.
Hasselblad's H system lacks a body shutter. Therefore only leaf shutter lenses, within Hasselblad's system, can be used on an H body. So, no, your lenses will not work, and cannot be made to work, on an H body.

Instead you could work with any Phase One or Mamiya Leaf dealer to demo the Phase One DF+, DF, AF, or Mamiya DF+, DF, AFD3, AFD2, AFD; these bodies all have focal plane shutters (some of them also support leaf shutter lenses) and all of them could adapt your Pentacon lenses (a few dozen other lenses).

There should also be an adapter into Contax, but I have not personally looked for or seen one.