The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Actuations and Hasselblad H Lenses

cyron123

Hi,

i am new in the medium format section and have a question: Is there in critical limit with actuations and hasselblad lenses? Do anybody have experiences with used lenses over 25000 actuations?

Thank you.
cyron

s.agar

My 80mm has much more than 25000. On the other hand, my best lens 35-90mm quit working at only 900 actuations, not the shutter but the AF, just by carrying in my camera bag.

My dealer recommended against buying this lens as well as the 50-110 lens, saying that the AF mechanism is weak, and vertical forces during shipment even may cause problems. (I remember that he referred to a notice sent to dealers).

BTW, this is my first problem with any Hasselblad equipment since the film era. I own almost all the old cameras and lenses, and still use those with the adapter on H camera, and I'm sure Hasselblad will correct this faulty lens after seeing the shutter counter at 900, without any hassle for me.

Therefore, a lot depends on your luck too.

Hi,

i am new in the medium format section and have a question: Is there in critical limit with actuations and hasselblad lenses? Do anybody have experiences with used lenses over 25000 actuations?

Thank you.
cyron

cyron123

Hi s.agar,
thank you for your reply. Do you use the Hasselblad CF Adapter for the old Hasselblad Zeiss lenses?
cyron