The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

16GB CF cards in ZD back

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I have the original ZD back, and just got myself a couple of 16 GB CF cards. But I can't seem to get them to work; the back won't format them saying it can't format the card. Any thoughts on what to try? I can't find any spec on the max card size and just assumed it would be fine with 16GB... They were only $35 ea, so no huge loss if they're unusable.

jdbfreeheel

I have the original ZD back, and just got myself a couple of 16 GB CF cards. But I can't seem to get them to work; the back won't format them saying it can't format the card. Any thoughts on what to try? I can't find any spec on the max card size and just assumed it would be fine with 16GB... They were only $35 ea, so no huge loss if they're unusable.
Jan, I just got rid of my ZD, but I seem to think that the limit was 4GB cards (from my user experience). Have you tried 8GB cards, just to check?

I have an email address of a contact at MAC Group, if you'd like to check with them on specs/limits. PM if you'd like that.

Good luck.

-Josh

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I've been using an 8GB CF card up to now, along with 2GB SD cards. It can't use my 4GB SD cards either, but I believe those aren't compliant with the spec anyway.

Jack, I tried reformatting them on my Mac, maybe I'll try my wife's PC and see if that makes a difference...