The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and Hasselblad CFV-50 back

dorigatti

These days the Haselblad CFV-50 is a really good deal.

I ordered one and will use it on my V system. However, I also have a Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and a PhaseOne V system adaptor plate for the Mamiya. My question: will I be able to use the CFV on the RB67 PRO II or RB67 PRO II D?

Any info will be most welcome.

Steve Hendrix

These days the Haselblad CFV-50 is a really good deal.

I ordered one and will use it on my V system. However, I also have a Mamiya RZ67 PRO II and a PhaseOne V system adaptor plate for the Mamiya. My question: will I be able to use the CFV on the RB67 PRO II or RB67 PRO II D?

Any info will be most welcome.

I can't think of any reason why you couldn't use it, although the embedded cable coming out of it would be useless to plug in - you'd need a separate sync cable from Hasselblad.

The downside would be that you can't rotate it (and you have that extra cable just hanging there). You're better off buying a Mamiya RZ Adapter Interface from Mamiya. That would be just the plate and allow for rotation.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

dorigatti

Thank you Steve. I looked at the Mamiya sites but can find no trace of the adapter (Mamiya RZ Adapter Interface). Do you have more info for me?

neil

I use the same adapter with a cfv39 back. It works well.

I took / cut the cable off the adapter plate.

One problem is the adapter plate will not rotate so no way to do a portrait orientation.

one big plus is you can get away without using a sync cable. Set digital back to x sync mode with a 4 second timeout. Attach a wake up cable to back. To take picture send wake up signal, then press shutter. After 4 seconds digital back will write the file.

ondebanks

one big plus is you can get away without using a sync cable. Set digital back to x sync mode with a 4 second timeout. Attach a wake up cable to back. To take picture send wake up signal, then press shutter. After 4 seconds digital back will write the file.
Interesting. But does this mean that the back exposes every shot for 4 seconds? I know that light will only be reaching it for as long as the leaf shutter is actually open, but dark noise could be accumulating in the back for the full 4 seconds.

Ray

torger

Interesting. But does this mean that the back exposes every shot for 4 seconds? I know that light will only be reaching it for as long as the leaf shutter is actually open, but dark noise could be accumulating in the back for the full 4 seconds.

Ray
Yes, the exposure will be 4 seconds and it will be as noisy as a 4 second exposure is, that's the drawback.

ondebanks

Yes, the exposure will be 4 seconds and it will be as noisy as a 4 second exposure is, that's the drawback.
OK, I thought so, thanks for confirming.

What is the longest timeout that can be set in this X sync mode? I wonder if it could be used to trick the back into taking really long exposures...longer than the normal 32 or 64 second limit.

Ray