The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Istanbul Protests

Mammy645

I'm currently in Istanbul, staying in Beşiktaş where some of the worst clashes to date took place last night. I took some pictures that I thought I'd share, unfortunately I only brought my old trusty P25, so I did what I could and cranked it up to ISO 800, set my manual focus lens to f/1.9 and went to work. I also didn't have a gas mask, so I couldn't get that close to the police before my face, eyes, and throat started burning like crazy.

This pretty much sums up how unfair the fight is, police in full riot gear deliberately targeting unprotected, and unarmed protesters
with metal gas canisters, water cannons and batons.

Retreating from the gas cloud.

Thousands of people on the streets.

Getting ready for the tear gas.

Temporary respite.

The whole neighborhood shows it's support and solidarity with the protesters.

Makeshift protection.

Shop owners cheering on the crowds.

Protesters offering home made remedies against the tear gas to anyone who needs it.