The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

which lab for true "Silver Halide" BW prints from your MF camera ?

trioderob

where do you guys go to get true silver halide prints ?

you folks have very high end systems so I assume that this would be the best place to get advice.

this could be for both digital and film so in other words any tips on both a old school wet lab and also the best place to get digital silver halide laser based prints.

(US labs only)

JimCollum

well.. it's unfortunate that you specified U.S. only.. The best lab I've ever dealt with is in Canada.. Elevator Digital (Bob Carnie). Frankly.. i've never noticed anything that would differentiate it from a US lab when it comes to ordering, paying and shipping

Elevator Professional Photographic Lab

Oren Grad

Do I assume correctly that the question is about getting silver output from digital capture? Beside Elevator, which Jim Collum already mentioned, the other lab that comes to mind is:

Digital Silver Imaging

DSI was founded by Eric Luden, formerly of Harman/Ilford.

Swissblad

Are there any comparable EU based labs?

Seeing as Digital Silver uses a Durst machine, there should be.....?