The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Lunar

T.Karma

As a carpenter by trade I can tell you that the wood is not even properly treated. The pores of the grain should be completly filled by filler and the final laquer should be a closed, smooth surface - best high polished with many layers of coating. For this price it should look as smooth as an iphone. This is really reverse of what Hasselblad was in V-times.

"choosing your grip and top plate material lets you reflect your individuality. This is extremely important to me. And the poor who think with ...... "

In all honesty, where can you get those customers? I want some of them. I can give it to them for a much higher price, because it will make them even more individual.

T.Karma

..... hey, thinking about it:

anyone wants to pimp up his / her camera. I can do it for you - custom made - "made in Germany". Wood, metal - all available, under highest manufacturing standards.

Dont be shy.

I am in service for your individuality. :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
For this price, one would also expect the front and back parts to come from the same piece of wood, with matching patterns. And look at the bottom; the pieces don't even align. But maybe they are going for the "Natural Look". In that case, they should watch out. The competition is already getting their revs up. This one even has an optical viewfinder:

T.Karma

For this price, one would also expect the front and back parts to come from the same piece of wood, with matching patterns. And look at the bottom; the pieces don't even align. ...
Edit:
The gaps are really ugly on this one. And imagine all the dirt that gets stuck in these which are all over this design. Even the shutter release has a dirt collector on top. This will fill up with sweat and dust.

Ughhhh, ..... I wonder when the first Lunar's will appear on the bay saying: " .... properly cleaned".

I am heading for the more natural model I think.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Edit:
The gaps are really ugly on this one. And imagine all the dirt that gets stuck in these which are all over this design. Even the shutter release has a dirt collector on top. This will fill up with sweat and dust.

Ughhhh, ..... I wonder when the first Lunar's will appear on the bay saying: " .... properly cleaned".

I am heading for the more natural model I think.
Oh... but the beautiful people who will buy the Lunar don't sweat, and they will never ever get close to anything dirty. If you want to become clean, you can just shake hands with one of them :ROTFL:

T.Karma

However, all the 'nasty' comments aside: We have to thank Hasselblad to let this exemplary test ballon rise. I cannot remember this has been done before.

But imagine it will be successful. ....... and others want to follow.

pophoto

So.... no one making a "fun with" page for the Lunar then?
If we do, perhaps we can just fill it with good jokes and all :)

V

Vivek

Admin:

Please chuck this thread out. Not even worth putting it in the sunset section, IMO.

Not only poisons a brand (well, it is the manufacturers mistake) but the whole section (just like the other worthless piece of c%ap elsewhere).

THANK YOU!

ondebanks

Admin:

Please chuck this thread out. Not even worth putting it in the sunset section, IMO.
Hey, you can't just seek to wipe a thread because it irritates you. People have put effort into composing their posts here. Please respect that. No-one's broken any site rules.

Ray

mmbma

Hey, you can't just seek to wipe a thread because it irritates you. People have put effort into composing their posts here. Please respect that. No-one's broken any site rules.

Ray
He bought one :)

Kidding aside, I don't think these good natured humor would "poison" the hasselblad brand. They've been around for a while, and they can take some sarcastic criticism

T.Karma

Vivek is right, that this and the other tread do not hold anything inspiring.

But hey, maybe this will scare other Mfg's off to follow the temptation.
(I do not really think so, but hope dies last, as we all know)

I´m lost for words. The plastic used for the top plate and the buttons literally screams "cheap". They should have taken the money they had to use for conceiving and advertising this thing and invested it in building some commemorative 503cw instead. Would have been a greater success...

fotografz

I´m lost for words. The plastic used for the top plate and the buttons literally screams "cheap". They should have taken the money they had to use for conceiving and advertising this thing and invested it in building some commemorative 503cw instead. Would have been a greater success...
No, IMO it wouldn't have. Hasselblad has made a number of limited edition Vs and Hs which sold like lead life-preservers to a drowning man.

Not arguing that this Lunar is anything to defend by any criteria ... the fit and finish looks stone-aged ... literally.

If we are going to engage in "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" ... they coulda brought out a digital X-Pan or mirrorless full frame 36 X 36 square format camera, and coulda made a unique mark in the marketplace ... most importantly they shoulda killed this abomination right after Photokina, if not well before.

- Marc

ondebanks

they coulda brought out a digital X-Pan or mirrorless full frame 36 X 36 square format camera
Two very nice ideas, Marc. I especially like the second one - I'm assuming that by mirrorless you mean something with the fast CMOS technology of a Sony NEX or Fuji X camera.

As for a digital X-Pan...I don't know of any outfit making photographic sensors with a dimension as long as 65mm.

Ray

Stefan Steib

Well, somehow these Lunar threads remember me to reps filibustering the senat. But there is an important difference: Elvis has neither entered the building, nor has he left the building. At the moment this whole camera is only a lot of hot air marketing "event" which probably causes Hasselblad enormous costs and definitely no income.

Just wait a bit, this thing will kill itself in silence.........