The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Lunar

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Well it's not. So be surprised, the Gx645 was produced under license from Hasselblad and allowed to be sold in Japan only.
That would be the case if Fuji developed the camera and sold it to Hasselblad also. The licensing could even be part of the payment for the design. I find it very unlikely that a camera like this, given the rather low production volume, was manufactured at two different factories simultaneously.

I've never seen a claim from Hasselblad that they actually developed the H-system themselves, only that they are manufacturing it. And if manufacturing has the same meaning as with many other "European Luxury Products", it doesn't account for much. Lots of products have only minor assembly plus QC done at the "mothership". Even Leicas are made in relatively low cost Portugal.

Edit: The H1 was developed together with Fujifilm. The development costs, SEK 320 mill. were shared equally between the two partners. The aluminium parts for the camera were manufactured by Tryckta i Markaryd AB, a Swedish company, so one has to assume that the cameras were/are assembled in Sweden. Interestingly, Hasselblad was at that time (from 1996) under Dutch/British ownership before Shriro took over in January 2003. Hasselblad have been under 5 different ownership constelations since Victor Hasselblad sold it in 1976, all of them except Shriro investment companies.

Last edited:

Douglas Fairbank

Elvis is alive and well!
There is a monster in Loch Ness!
Hitler is also alive and lives on the moon!
The moon landings were a hoax!
The USA have an alien spaceship at Area 51!
The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji!

Pick the odd one out. :poke:

Douglas Fairbank

The answer of course is 'The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji' and the reason is for the cost of travelling to Gothenburg, Sweden and with permission you could see the assembly line.

Alternatively there is no odd one out. You are either 100% rational and believe none or 100% bonkers and believe them all.

It is OK to be a little bonkers of course but you might find people don't take what you say seriously.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The answer of course is 'The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji' and the reason is for the cost of travelling to Gothenburg, Sweden and with permission you could see the assembly line.

Alternatively there is no odd one out. You are either 100% rational and believe none or 100% bonkers and believe them all.

It is OK to be a little bonkers of course but you might find people don't take what you say seriously.
If you read my edit, you would see that I've corrected myself several hours ago. I must admit though, that having lived in Asia for more than a decade, I've lost many illusions when it comes to country of origin. With the rather creative claims in the Lunar marketing material, I don't take anything for granted. I've been to enough factories here in Asia producing "genuine" European and American products, with "Made in Italy by xxx" sewn in and price tag in euro attached. And I do not talk about pirated copies, but the real thing. I do wonder where the GX645 was manufactured though. Has anybody actually seen that production line in Göteborg? Just curious :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Elvis is alive and well!
There is a monster in Loch Ness!
Hitler is also alive and lives on the moon!
The moon landings were a hoax!
The USA have an alien spaceship at Area 51!
The Hasselblad H is made by Fuji!

Pick the odd one out. :poke:
#5 is obviously bogus because we all know Area 51 doesn't exist! :ROTFL:

Btw, I LOVE my Fuji TX2 that masquerades as a Hasselblad xpan II :D (actually, I really do love my xpan II)

jonoslack

So . . . who is the brave man who's going to start the
Fun with a Hassleblad Lunacy​
Thread?
Having supported the X-Vario I claim immunity here.

:angel::poke:

RS

I think this is the real LUNAR

Hasselblad 500EL Electic Camera Nasa Lunar Apollo Mission 80mm 250mm Rare | eBay

Hasselblad 500EL ELECTIC CAMERA NASA Lunar Apollo Mission +80mm +250mm Rare

...This is an original Apollo Lunar Mission outfit camera made by Hasselblad for NASA in 1969...This specific example was given to the then President of Hasselblad who then gifted it to the Head Canadian Distributor who held onto to it in his private collection for many years until now...This is an incredibly rare find especially complete with the all its extras. A few of these have been auctioned off, some in Europe for up to and over $100,000 but never has one been complete and in this condition...Starting bid:US $74,950.00...Shipping: US $1,395.00

Nick-T

Off topic but in 2009 I was lucky enough to handle one of the moon cameras and shoot with it using a CFV back.
Quite fun!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I think this is the real LUNAR

Hasselblad 500EL Electic Camera Nasa Lunar Apollo Mission 80mm 250mm Rare | eBay

Hasselblad 500EL ELECTIC CAMERA NASA Lunar Apollo Mission +80mm +250mm Rare

...This is an original Apollo Lunar Mission outfit camera made by Hasselblad for NASA in 1969...This specific example was given to the then President of Hasselblad who then gifted it to the Head Canadian Distributor who held onto to it in his private collection for many years until now...This is an incredibly rare find especially complete with the all its extras. A few of these have been auctioned off, some in Europe for up to and over $100,000 but never has one been complete and in this condition...Starting bid:US $74,950.00...Shipping: US $1,395.00
Nah... $75K and no viewfinder? Even my mother's Brownie had a viewfinder. And "Electic"? This is the final proof. Even in 1969 they couldn't make proper cameras. They probably sent Mary Goodnight as a sales rep to secure the NASA delivery :loco: :ROTFL: :chug: