The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Lunar

V

Vivek

"Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed"

Makes it interesting. :)

Through that I found that there is an expensive red painted Pentax 645D that otherwise is listed for the same money as the Lunar.

Stefan Steib

The sunshade is not covered with fingerprints, this I fear shall imitate some kind of black Marble. I remember I had a waterpistol with that structure when I was about 8 years old...... :)

:)

fotografz

What cracks me up is that the NEX7 is listed on the same page for $1,098.

A fool and their money are soon parted ... a blind fool even faster.

- Marc

ddanois

Think about the conversations that took place within Hasselblad while creating this camera...

Unbelievable!

It's so sad to see a brand, such as Hasselblad, take to such obnoxious and silly efforts.

kipling

Here the first Cutomer Review...some of the best poetry I've read in a long time:

Reflecting on reflecting my individuality individually, June 13, 2013

As Hasselblad puts it, "choosing your grip and top plate material lets you reflect your individuality." This is extremely important to me. When everyone calls himself or herself a "photographer" and takes snapshots with their iphones and Rebels and little NEX cams, I carry around my HASSELBLAD LUNAR knowing better. In a crowd, I take it out in deliberate slow motion, turn it on, and allow it to start. In these few seconds alone, I reflect my individuality (which I believe comes from within me so it's "reflection" only metaphorically) on the others so brightly and powerfully that they are immediately stunned to silence. With the LUNAR they are forced to realize that their own photography is nothing but mass ant-like behavior, whereas mine is one of a kind. This is really Hasselblad's cure to the interrelated foremost diseases of our contemporary world--an oversaturation of images, a consequent visual insensitivity, and uncritical mass conformity.

In terms of photographic functionality, the LUNAR works as it should. It flashes and autofocuses and takes photos, etc. The real purpose of the camera is well summarized by its name: unless I'm mistaken, it is called the LUNAR because it reflects your individuality far and deep into outer space while also bathing our earth with it. HASSELBLAD is the sun, you the moon. There's but one moon in the universe, and it is the primordial photograph. Everybody bears witness to it, loves it, and must reckon with its unique being. The HASSELBLAD LUNAR will render you the very reflection of the moon and, in turn, the moon the very reflection of the reflection of your reflections.

By The Qing Dynasty (Leiden, Netherlands)

mmbma

incredible prose. It was my fault for not thinking deeper and ridiculing the Lunar based on its surface attributes. Never did I consider the philosophical intentions and consequences of such a bold device

V

Vivek

Here the first Cutomer Review...some of the best poetry I've read in a long time:

Reflecting on reflecting my individuality individually, June 13, 2013

As Hasselblad puts it, "choosing your grip and top plate material lets you reflect your individuality." This is extremely important to me. When everyone calls himself or herself a "photographer" and takes snapshots with their iphones and Rebels and little NEX cams, I carry around my HASSELBLAD LUNAR knowing better. In a crowd, I take it out in deliberate slow motion, turn it on, and allow it to start. In these few seconds alone, I reflect my individuality (which I believe comes from within me so it's "reflection" only metaphorically) on the others so brightly and powerfully that they are immediately stunned to silence. With the LUNAR they are forced to realize that their own photography is nothing but mass ant-like behavior, whereas mine is one of a kind. This is really Hasselblad's cure to the interrelated foremost diseases of our contemporary world--an oversaturation of images, a consequent visual insensitivity, and uncritical mass conformity.

In terms of photographic functionality, the LUNAR works as it should. It flashes and autofocuses and takes photos, etc. The real purpose of the camera is well summarized by its name: unless I'm mistaken, it is called the LUNAR because it reflects your individuality far and deep into outer space while also bathing our earth with it. HASSELBLAD is the sun, you the moon. There's but one moon in the universe, and it is the primordial photograph. Everybody bears witness to it, loves it, and must reckon with its unique being. The HASSELBLAD LUNAR will render you the very reflection of the moon and, in turn, the moon the very reflection of the reflection of your reflections.

By The Qing Dynasty (Leiden, Netherlands)
Do you have a link, Kipling? Leiden is closeby and I could attempt to witness the real thing. :p

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
"and takes snapshots with... and little NEX cams"

Yeah, we can't create proper photographs with those dinky, little NEX cams, can we... :ROTFL:

Last edited:

ondebanks

i should've posted it in the Sony section. but Hasselblad just linked me to MF!
It's funny - I had already posted it in the Sony section before you posted it here. But this thread has got way more hits and replies! Probably the Sony guys are too embarassed to acknowledge the association with the Lunar.

Ray