The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P65+ and live view question

strok

Hi guys, I have connected my digital back to a Capture one (7)
I'm using the DF+ body and LS lenses
Can you please tell me what is the proper workflow to shoot with live view?
Thank you.

strok

Hi Christian
Thank you for the info.
According to the article the body DF+ has to have firmware 2.10 (I have 2.0.9)
Unfortunately the link to firmware update is dead on phaseone.com (both Mac & PC)
I'll keep you updated

weinlamm

I remember, that you need to have the V-Grip to upgrade the firmware. Perhaps you have it or can find someone who can lend it to you.

strok

Here is my update.
The PhaseOne have sent me an email back regarding the broken link.
The IP address needs to be changed to http://80.237.159.100/ and link will work.
I have updated the DF+ to 2.20 (The LIVE VIEW still not working)
Found a 2.21 update on ftp://ftp.phaseone.com/Support/Download/
Updated
Still can't make it work
According to article it should work with P65+

"The correct way to initiate Live View is to simply set the camera to a standard shutter speed and click the live view activation button in Capture One. The camera is now ready for LIve View."

In my case the shutter stays closed and I'm getting a TOO DARK message.

Last edited:

photo570

Hi there,

Try setting the "camera" to large format in the preferences in C1, that is the only way I was able to get it to work when my local rep bought one around for me to test. Needless to say, I stuck with my Hasselblad/Leaf set up.

Cheers,
Jason.

strok

Hi there,

Try setting the "camera" to large format in the preferences in C1, that is the only way I was able to get it to work when my local rep bought one around for me to test. Needless to say, I stuck with my Hasselblad/Leaf set up.

Cheers,
Jason.
Sorry, Jason
can't find this option in the C1 preferences.

strok

Thank you Steve
My problem is:
In the live view mode the shutter stays closed,
all I have a black window with a TOO DARK message