The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best macro lens for 503 cx

elrafo

Hello!

I was wondering what would be the best macro lens for a 503 Hasselblad, I have seen that the 120mm is good for portrait as well but for closeup? How close can I get with this lens? Is there another option for extreme close up on this system?

Thanks

Udo

The Macro-Planar 120's closest focusing distance is 0.8m corresponding to a reproduction ratio of 1:4.5. The lens can be combined with extension tubes in order to increase reproduction ratio.

The Macro-Planar 135 is an alternative especially for real close-ups (1:1). It needs to be combined with extension tubes or bellows.

For details just check out the following link:

Hasselblad Historical

Regards,
Udo

elrafo

Thanks Udo,

so you would recommend more the 135 mm for Eyes close up for instance or insects photography ?

Leigh

The 135mm is a bellows lens, usable only with the Hasselblad bellows.

It has no focusing mechanism of its own.

Lovely lens, but a bit odd.

Also be aware that closeup work requires exposure compensation in most cases.

- Leigh