The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D40 : wake up bug....shutter is closing.

steflaurent974

Well I am trying my brother's camera a beautifull H4D40 with very low actuations. I encounter this recurrent problem : when I wake up the camera after few seconds of inactivity , the lens shutter close ; I have to press mirror up button two times to cock the shutter again. Very strange behaviour, isn't it ? This happens with the Hcd 100 and the Hcd 28 too.
Annoter strange thing : the autofocus motor won't work on the Hcd 35-90. I havé cleaned all the electrical contacts, but nada .

Have you ever heard about such behaviour on the H4D40 ? I havé to tell that the camera has never been upgraded since hé bought it.

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

It almost seems like a menu setting might be set for MU function when pressing the shutter - useful for long exposures or slow shutter speeds. It easy to set the camera back to factory settings using the menus, i'd try that first. Don't know about the zoom, my H4/40 did some whacky stuff too.

gss

The autofocus on my 100 mm (with low actuation count) stopped working also. When I pressed the focus button it would start to make focus sounds, but would soon stop. I ended up sending it in for repair. Hasselblad took well over 3 months to do the job, and they charged close to $400, but it has been working fine since. They never told me what the actual problem was.

Udo

I had a similar problem with one of my older H bodies, i.e. the apertures (on all lenses) closed and opened stochastically (quite annoying noise). After a research one of the small rubberized push bottons turned out to the cause which was bouncing without being pushed/touched. Deactivating this faulty button via menu (assigning different functions like MUP, stopping down aperture etc.) solved this issue temporarily until I changed all those buttons and the attached flex layer. Being myself a technician and located at a remote place the most difficult part was to get this spare part....

Hope this helps.

Regards, Udo

steflaurent974

The whole set has won a CLA return at Hasselblad ! Thank you guys for sharing your experience with me.
By the way Infound the IQ vey satisfying and I have loved the 100 mm 2.2...hope it will get back soon.
Regards, stephane.