The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ 160 w/ HV 500CM

rga

Going backwards here a bit, can someone tell me if the IQ 160 (with V mount) will work with an older 500CM? Also, the IQ manual says not to mount the back with mirror lockup engaged. Does that mean you can't use MLU once the back is on?
Thanks for your help; couldn't find a relavent thread regarding teh older Hassys and MLU.
Best,
Bob

schuster

Going backwards here a bit, can someone tell me if the IQ 160 (with V mount) will work with an older 500CM? Also, the IQ manual says not to mount the back with mirror lockup engaged. Does that mean you can't use MLU once the back is on?
As far as I know, the 500CM is the same as the 500CW, except for "off-the-film" metering, electric winder option and altered mirror geometry to eliminate vignetting in the viewfinder with long lenses. I use the IQ-160 on the CW with no problem. I can't speak about mounting the back with the mirror locked up, but I almost always lock the mirror up when shooting with the CW and IQ-160.

rga

Thank you!
As far as I know, the 500CM is the same as the 500CW, except for "off-the-film" metering, electric winder option and altered mirror geometry to eliminate vignetting in the viewfinder with long lenses. I use the IQ-160 on the CW with no problem. I can't speak about mounting the back with the mirror locked up, but I almost always lock the mirror up when shooting with the CW and IQ-160.