The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselbladish RX100

stephengilbert

Does everything Hasselblad makes qualify as "Medium Format Systems and Digital Backs?"

I know everyone loves bashing them, but what does it have to do with MF?

arashm

Sadly this news does have a lot to do with MF.
The new mother company seems to be only interested in using the name short term for profit.
I really don't see this ending well for them.
(makes me sad to write this)
am

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
How long before somebody makes a similar wooden grip for the RX100 and other cameras and sells it for 100 bucks or thereabouts?

Ken_R

"The collaboration is also due to include 'products for the DSLR segment' (which could easily mean a camera based on Sony's 'SLT' semi-transparent mirror technology). Oddly the Stellar appears to be based on the existing RX100 model, rather than the recently-announced RX100 M2." dpr

sad, very very sad.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
"Oddly the Stellar appears to be based on the existing RX100 model, rather than the recently-announced RX100 M2." dpr

sad, very very sad.
Since the Mark II is a dramatic improvement, that makes the Stellar look even more absurd. One can buy a much better camera based on the same camera as Hasselblad base their model on for less than half the price. Difficult choice? Hardly :loco:

msadat

i can only think of AMG, an after market shop that started by creating body kits for the benz cars and later provided engine parts and at the end was purchased by Mercedes Benz. so hasselbald is in the body kit steps, eventually they will get under the hood and hope to be bought by sony!! remember u heard here first

Ken_R

If Sony buys Hasselblad and starts making medium format digital cameras based on the H1 platform but with their xmor CMOS sensor technology it's game for the rest.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
i can only think of AMG, an after market shop that started by creating body kits for the benz cars and later provided engine parts and at the end was purchased by Mercedes Benz. so hasselbald is in the body kit steps, eventually they will get under the hood and hope to be bought by sony!! remember u heard here first
Ummm... there's a tiny little difference here:
An AMG Mercedes always looked like an ordinary Mercedes but is much faster, both straight ahead and around the track. The Hassony looks dramatically different from the Sony, but does nothing to improve on performance. Rather the opposite actually, since both models released so far have been based on cameras that have been in production for a while and where newer cameras in the range often offer better value (NEX 6 and RX 100 II).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If Sony buys Hasselblad and starts making medium format digital cameras based on the H1 platform but with their xmor CMOS sensor technology it's game for the rest.
I have problems seeing why Sony would buy a company that seems to specialize in attaching various pieces of wood to their cameras to get access to a (probably) unprofitable camera developed by one of the few competitors that do not use Sony sensors (Fuji) and who's involvement in the H System we can only speculate about.

drevil

Staff member
omg, it actually got announced yesterday officially!
price has not been published but as the leak said, it might be as high as 3200$

since those cameras are not MF related, maybe those posts are positioned better in the SONY sub forum? :D