The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Well I decided to take the plunge and get the HTS 1.5. I am learning to focus, which is the most challenging thing about using this device. When properly (and i emphasize properly!) quality is superb. Taken last night, Snake River, Keystone, CO. Phase one 45+ with H2 camera and 80mm HC lens with HTS 1.5. Eleanor

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Thought I would post a few images here as well since they are all MF P30 + images from the workshop

kdphotography

Well I decided to take the plunge and get the HTS 1.5. I am learning to focus, which is the most challenging thing about using this device. When properly (and i emphasize properly!) quality is superb. Taken last night, Snake River, Keystone, CO. Phase one 45+ with H2 camera and 80mm HC lens with HTS 1.5. Eleanor
Nice Eleanor! It looks like Hasselblad has a winning option with the HTS 1.5. I wish the Phase platform offered something similar (better than a spit-shined Hartblei) which would fill a nice niche short of a technical camera.

ken

mark1958

Eleanor-- nice shot-- did you have the HTC tilted or shifted?

eleanorbrown

I had the HTS tilted and can't remember but probably a little shifted up to compensate for loss of my original top framing from the tilt. Actually the jpg here looks a bit oversharpened, but think that is from reduction from the large file tif. Only sharpening I did was either pre sharpening #1 or Soft Sharpening #1 in C1. No other sharpening needed to be done. Eleanor

Eleanor-- nice shot-- did you have the HTC tilted or shifted?

Don Libby

I continue to play/experiment with layered focusing in CS4. Both images are the result of 4-images blended together. Cambo WRS-1000,P45+ and 35mm lens. (First image was cropped for a better showing.)

Don

eleanorbrown

Another from last night. Learning to use the HTS 1.5 on my H2/45+. (use of tilt and a little shift here) Eleanor

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Don,

Buy Dannylo's Helicon focus if you are using the stacker in CS4 -- it's way better...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Guy,

I really like that pano!

Maybe the best you've done -- you should print it.

Paratom

Hi,
I am learning a lot by reading your posts , looking great images posted here. I really appreciate the friendly and cool attitude of people here.

Before I move to the Alpa System, here are my first posted images ...just returned from a treck in Morocco high Atlas ; eight hours walking by day and altitude, I can tell you you feel each extra gramm of gear in your backpack !!! So I was carrying the SWC with a P25+ and a gitzo carbon tripod (as some member adviced me before I leave;;thanks)

apologyze for my english...
Very refreshing images and its good to here that you hiked all the way.
I am interested in a tech camera (Artec) as well and allways wondered if one really brings such a camera+tripod to those wonderfull places (where you cant get with a car)

Don Libby

Will it run on a 64bit machine?
Just answered my own question - yes it does. And I've ordered the program. This has been something I've been meaning to do thanks for the push Jack.

(missed the editing timeframe window by a couple seconds:cry:)

S

Shelby Lewis

Damned, Guy... Wish I could have been there!

Every time I write off MF Digital because I think my A900/zeiss combo is so good, you guys begin to post stuff that shows the mf backs taken one step farther as far as dr/sharpness/and color depth.

Fantastic shots everyone.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Damned, Guy... Wish I could have been there!

Every time I write off MF Digital because I think my A900/zeiss combo is so good, you guys begin to post stuff that shows the mf backs taken one step farther as far as dr/sharpness/and color depth.

Fantastic shots everyone.
LOL I know the Sony is very nice but MF is just something else. Just no getting around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.