The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Tend to agree with Jack regarding the vignette. However the second is great just the way it is; very powerful.

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Open Helicon Focusing run and save (saves in Jpeg only?)
Nope, you can save them as full tiffs, PSD's or gifs and a few others too!

My basic workflow is as follows:

1) Process all images in C1 to identical process settings, whatever works best for the group to keep as much image data in tact as possible. This generally means the file is a bit flat coming out of C1.

2) Pull those tiffs into Helicon and autoblend them. Here you can play with the settings, but the defaults are good place to start.

3) Edit the blend mask in HF if necessary (and for my images it usually isn't required). Here you choose a desired single source image from the group, then copy or clone source sections from it onto the composite. Repeat for each source image as necessary to get all parts of the final the way you want it. You can adjust the brush parameters as well.

4) Output. I choose 16bit tiff then uncompressed underneath that, but there are multiple file format and compression options to choose from, then save the composite to my image drive.

5) Next I pull that composite into CS for final editing to desired contrast, tone, etc as well as any local edits, then save it as the final.

Don Libby

Nope, you can save them as full tiffs, PSD's or gifs and a few others too!

My basic workflow is as follows:

1) Process all images in C1 to identical process settings, whatever works best for the group to keep as much image data in tact as possible. This generally means the file is a bit flat coming out of C1.

2) Pull those tiffs into Helicon and autoblend them. Here you can play with the settings, but the defaults are good place to start.

3) Edit the blend mask in HF if necessary (and for my images it usually isn't required). Here you choose a desired single source image from the group, then copy or clone source sections from it onto the composite. Repeat for each source image as necessary to get all parts of the final the way you want it. You can adjust the brush parameters as well.

4) Output. I choose 16bit tiff then uncompressed underneath that, but there are multiple file format and compression options to choose from, then save the composite to my image drive.

5) Next I pull that composite into CS for final editing to desired contrast, tone, etc as well as any local edits, then save it as the final.
Thanks Jack!

Dale Allyn

I don't have much to offer today, but I want to try this new upload process too. :)

A foggy, misty morning on the Oregon coast under very flat light.

Dale Allyn

Thank you very much for your kindness, Bill. I'm glad you like it. It's an image that's been in my "undecided fate" file.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

OK, I'm trying a new upload to see if I understand....
View attachment 18470

I'm not an architectural expert, but these old grain elevators (the bit on the left) have nearly all disappeared, especially the bright red and yellow ones, so I shoot'em as historical records.

This was done as a vertical with the Mamy 28 mm - the subject was placed in the top half of the picture so the lens was horizontal to avoid converging verticals. (Yeah, I know I could have corrected in PS! This was more fun!)
Bill

Last edited:

Dale Allyn

Looks great, Guy. And with a pano like that, one doesn't have to scroll both directions on 20 or 24" display.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Yea seems like a perfect size for 17 and above. Starting to like this feature since the images can be processed like we normally do with some sharpening , not crunching up.

Yes Don I had 10 minutes to shoot before the guard locked me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.