Site Sponsors
Page 123 of 386 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,150 of 19262

Thread: Fun with MF images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with MF images

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    You have some neat stuff here, Tareq!
    Bill
    Thanks, Bill!
    Tareq

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I know what do you mean, but i really don't understand why someone use a digital camera to have a film-like result?!!! i have film cameras and digitals, if i want to shoot digital i use digital and never worry how the shots look, and when i use film also i don't worry how the shots look, i can have digital look taken with film pure, and i can do film like with digital camera, at the end i feel if i have to think about the look then i will never feel satisfied, with film i will find issues and with digital i will find issues as well, Bryan our Phase One dealer said that why and what are people talking about "film like"?!!! Honestly speaking, i didn't see any shots taken from a digital camera whatever it is and it was "film-like" look.
    Maybe film like was a bad choice of words. What I am looking for is maybe better said as a softer graduation of tones across the image than a more crunchy look.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pre Dawn Sand dune image shot with the P40+ with my new 110mm LS lens. Which I sold my 150 2.8 D for it and I am really liking the new 110mm a lot. So in the end maybe a good choice for me. I do want the new 240 LS lens coming.

Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Great image Guy, you obviously used the dust in the air to your advantage. The light and subtle tones are beautiful.

Ed
    Thanks Ed . Yea going to look at some more of these and see what else I may have picked off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Maybe film like was a bad choice of words. What I am looking for is maybe better said as a softer graduation of tones across the image than a more crunchy look.
    OK, this description is better for me, yes, i see some like to have that softer or smoother tones than crunchy as you said, well done then!!!
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pre Dawn Sand dune image shot with the P40+ with my new 110mm LS lens. Which I sold my 150 2.8 D for it and I am really liking the new 110mm a lot. So in the end maybe a good choice for me. I do want the new 240 LS lens coming.

Fantastic shot, it is making me fresh imagining the time of the shot, like it.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Tareg. Here is another 110mm shot . Might just use this one for a background for new business cards. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK, this description is better for me, yes, i see some like to have that softer or smoother tones than crunchy as you said, well done then!!!
    As MF shooters as a lot of us are , taking advantage of that DR horsepower that is sitting in our tanks is what we should be exploiting . I just love the overall image quality coming out of these systems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Tareg. Here is another 110mm shot . Might just use this one for a background for new business cards. LOL
    Another cracking shot!!!!

As MF shooters as a lot of us are , taking advantage of that DR horsepower that is sitting in our tanks is what we should be exploiting . I just love the overall image quality coming out of these systems.
    I agree, in fact every time i shoot with MF and look at files i got blown away of the quality, so this opening more levels for me to use MF over smaller formats, the color and DR is way better rendered with MF, i didn't believe that until i tried by myself, so i couldn't agree more with you, keep up your decent work.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another cracking shot!!!!
    LOL not sure which one I like better too. Which i guess is a good thing . This was with a 300mm in high wind. Got lucky

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Too bad i am using Mac Mini and no Mac Pro yet, on my Mac Mini i have 3 accounts, one was my main until it was corrupted and then fixed again, the store installed another account for me, so that second one became my main system, but the problem i don't know why my second system got many errors, the main error that bugging me a lot is that Phocus is always terminated even before it is opened, so i have to go to the first old OSX to open Phocus, i really don't know what happened, but anyone here faced a problem with Phocus to be closed or terminated before it log in the program? Is there any fix for that? I installed different version from 2.5 up to 2.6 and all have the same problem, even i installed Phocus Quick and same problem, i didn't test all the programs/applications to see if i have same problem with others, but i really care about my Phocus to work again fine on my second main OSX[account] than logoff always to my first OSX [another account].
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LOL not sure which one I like better too. Which i guess is a good thing . This was with a 300mm in high wind. Got lucky
    Noooooo, i like this more, will not see it is better, but the gradient of the mountains here is finer than the first one, i love it, too bad i had similar shots but done on my Canon DSLR, hope one day i go there again to shoot with MF, and i will tell you that i prefer sunset shots over the sunrise.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareg sounds like your system just needs a fresh install and reload. I would back everything up on a external than reload than migrate off that and get back to one account. Phocus and other programs maybe having issues with the multiple accounts. BTW my main computer is a MacBook Pro. Okay it is the quad core and loaded with two SSD drives but I am a throttle junky. LOL

The new quad cores are very good now at raw processing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Posting this more for some folks wanted to see the new 35mm D lens from Phase and thought this maybe a good example of it. Shot at F11

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareg sounds like your system just needs a fresh install and reload. I would back everything up on a external than reload than migrate off that and get back to one account. Phocus and other programs maybe having issues with the multiple accounts. BTW my main computer is a MacBook Pro. Okay it is the quad core and loaded with two SSD drives but I am a throttle junky. LOL

The new quad cores are very good now at raw processing.
    I really don't want to backup and re-install things again, in fact Phocus was working perfectly on my second account until i don't know why it crashed suddenly and don't open, I was hoping if i can remove it completely from my system and reinstall Phocus again, i can't be sure that this problem not gonna happen again.
    I also use Mac Book Pro [17" and 13"], both are working great for me, but i keep my Mac Mini as my main workflow computer until i can buy a Mac Pro, all my Mac running under Core2Due, and only my MBP 13" has 2GB RAM, the other 2 has 4GB, sufficient for most things, didn't plan to upgrade both as i want to get Mac Pro once with high RAM and never look back, and i will make that Mac Pro when i get it as my main computer with necessary applications i need.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Posting this more for some folks wanted to see the new 35mm D lens from Phase and thought this maybe a good example of it. Shot at F11
    Good shot!

I really don't know if 28mm is better to use for landscape over 35mm, i see many prefer 35mm over 28mm, for me, i am very happy with my 28mm and i never feel i want to go wider, also i don't think i want to have longer than 28mm such as 35mm or 50mm, but i know sometimes there are areas where 35mm suit better than 28mm, just i am waiting to add 35-90 lens then i will have that both focal length on wide side.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shots Guy, I like the second one better
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A few days in Death Valley with a couple of friends. Ran into Guy and he said I should check out Devil's Golf Course. Haven't ever shot here before, here's one I sort of like. DF/p65+ with 28mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice capture Wayne. You had some nice cloud cover

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by micek; 10th April 2011 at 23:54. Reason: wrong files

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Will Ophuis View Post
    Nice shots Guy, I like the second one better
    I agree, Guy - second one is the winner! That 300 is great when you can keep it still!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My first post on this thread. I thought other users of MF cameras might enjoy it. I got the 645D primarily as a landscape camera and have been quite pleased. It would not be my first choice for wildlife, but I had an opportunity to shoot some waterfowl yesterday. I would have been better off with a 35mm system and a stabilized telephoto, but the 645D and a hand-held 400mm lens was what I had. I am quite pleased with the results using the “wrong tool” for the job. Red Breasted Merganser and silhouette of a Coot.
    N.B Frames 1 and 2 are the same duck as he swallows a fish which appeared to be about 10% of his body weight

Guy: The Death Valley shots are wonderful

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wayne;
    Excellent shot of the Devil's Golf Course
    Wanted to get to Death Valley this year, but it didn't hapen.

Post Thanks / Like

RZIID + Aptus 54s + 110/2.8

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Death Valley-Three shot Pano with P40+ 80mm LS lens at F11. This file is 17 x 63 inches. Wanna buy a print.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I forgot to mention this is with a P65+. I shot 3 backs pretty consistently for the week. P40+,P65+ and the IQ 180. Okay i feel kind of guilty on my gear slutness here. LOL

End of day you can't go wrong with either of them and YES you can see the detail increase as you go up the ladder. Yes as owner of the P40+ I am NOT on the porch with the Big boys but I'm still eating steak. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thought I would post this again since i went back in and replaced the sky on this focus stack with 5 frames with the IQ 180 back as i got some ghosting in the clouds. Again this is with the 35mm D lens. BTW i handheld this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Death Valley-Three shot Pano with P40+ 80mm LS lens at F11. This file is 17 x 63 inches. Wanna buy a print.

LOL. hey you never know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I forgot to mention this is with a P65+. I shot 3 backs pretty consistently for the week. P40+,P65+ and the IQ 180. Okay i feel kind of guilty on my gear slutness here. LOL

End of day you can't go wrong with either of them and YES you can see the detail increase as you go up the ladder. Yes as owner of the P40+ I am NOT on the porch with the Big boys but I'm still eating steak. LOL
    SHOW OFF!!!

In fact after getting that Hassy 60 i don't see there is a big need for 80mp or even 100mp when it will be available, i was happy with 39mp and as a hobbyist i was blown away of the quality of MF, so for me 40-60mp is more than what i need, the problem here is most of you talking about how amazing those 80+ backs and for prints they are superior and making us to dismiss our 40 or 60mp, so i wish by now that people don't talk about how more mp are the cameras there even they are damn amazing, i just want to see more samples and photos, if most of you upgrade from 40 and 60 to 80 and showing how amazing those 80mp even 40-60 were perfect as well then we feel so sad to have 40/60 and can't upgrade, i feel more happy if i go to Canon forum and see people posting amazing photos from 6/8mp cameras up to 21mp and never talking about how superior those 1series over xxxD, just post photos and don't talk about 1000mp camera used to take the photos.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Honestly I'm still amazed by my 40+. I actually have a hard time going higher in my own justification dept. No question I'm a pig and want more but my wallet says I am doing just fine. More Mpx certainly won't make me any better than I am today. As long as your in MF than it just becomes a want after 40mpx. The need is already meet for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Honestly I'm still amazed by my 40+. I actually have a hard time going higher in my own justification dept. No question I'm a pig and want more but my wallet says I am doing just fine. More Mpx certainly won't make me any better than I am today. As long as your in MF than it just becomes a want after 40mpx. The need is already meet for me.
    We are in same boat, we always want more, even if we say we don't need, i am also a pig gear or gearholic, but i am with you, any MF even that ZD producing high resolution quality, i myself feel i don't deserve any MF as i am not good enough to be at that MF level yet, but i am very happy to have one, i think this 60mp will hold for me long time i hope, maybe later one day if i have money and there is an upgrade program than i may think about it, in fact Phase One dealer here asked me that i can get IQ180 with 60% discount over H4D-60, but this is really so quick to upgrade as i traded-in my H3DII and still paying for H4D-60, to me if i will upgrade because you do that then will never help me and i will be always behind you, so i decided that i got one camera that still many dream to get and i have now to grow up to higher level than now, hope i can do something to make this MF worthy.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is one from Zabriskie, with H3D-50

Guy you should keep your 40, in wait until price come down with the Q thing

I learn to wait. Even I have the 60. anything the come up, I just enjoy others for now.

BlasR

Post Thanks / Like

Guy, Tareq,
    Myself, I am just happy to see the IQ's come on the market, as it means that with all the upgrading going on, I'll be able to find a traded P45+ to replace my P30. In the end, every body's happy!

Post Thanks / Like

Dreaming of summer in the mountains:
    Alice Lake, Sawtooth Range. Mamiya AFD3, 35mm MF, f16, 1.6s

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlasR View Post
    Here is one from Zabriskie, with H3D-50

I learn to wait. Even I have the 60. anything the come up, I just enjoy others for now.

BlasR
    I actually have the IQ 140 on order at the moment. Have to figure if I want a P65 instead. Most likely will come down to the almighty dollar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I will buy Phase One in the future as well if my situations getting a lot better, still i am looking for a tech camera, and mostly i prefer to have Phase One on tech camera instead of Hasselblad back, so it means it will be a matter of time, and no rush, maybe i can get 180 later easier than now this year, maybe i will have enough money to buy even newer back that will be on the market next years, i have feeling that i will never look at IQ140 and IQ160, either IQ180 or higher, i will wait even 2 years no problem.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2jbourret View Post
    Dreaming of summer in the mountains:
    Alice Lake, Sawtooth Range. Mamiya AFD3, 35mm MF, f16, 1.6s
    Nice shot, i always love this kind of shots where i can see the mountains, and the water and the sky with clouds all in contrasty colors [blue, green, red/magenta,....etc].
    Tareq

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jamie - astounding shot, just love it!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq, Bill, thanks for the kind comments. I'll try to keep 'em coming!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I actually have the IQ 140 on order at the moment. Have to figure if I want a P65 instead. Most likely will come down to the almighty dollar.
    Guy, it seems that for the broad array of things you shoot, the IQ 140 would be ideal. You make your current 40 meg back sing in so many different situations that the IQ 140 would only enhance in terms of speed and versatility. Plus saving some pennies for the upcoming new Phase Camera wouldn't be all bad

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Guy, it seems that for the broad array of things you shoot, the IQ 140 would be ideal. You make your current 40 meg back sing in so many different situations that the IQ 140 would only enhance in terms of speed and versatility. Plus saving some pennies for the upcoming new Phase Camera wouldn't be all bad
    But IMO if the Phase camera ships in another aprox 2 years it will probably launch with the IQ200 (100MP) and where will that leave Guy then....

My guess ever poorer......

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    But IMO if the Phase camera ships in another aprox 2 years it will probably launch with the IQ200 (100MP) and where will that leave Guy then....

My guess ever poorer......
    I seriously doubt it will be 2 years for the new Phase camera unless the Japanese disaster has some effect on Mamiya ... even then, betcha it's this year and Guy will have the first one off the ship if Jack doesn't beat him to it Coupled with an IQ back of any flavor, that will make far more of a difference in shooting versatility and application than more megs.

100 meg ... why? As big of a gear glutton Guy may be, he's far more practical than you may think ... I admire his business sense as much as his photography.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Marc and yes you are very wise as i do shoot such a variety the 140 really is ideal for me . What I really want Phase does not make and I hope this changes. What I want is the new sensor from the 80 mpx in the same crop factor as the P45 and P25, Whatever that works out in MpX is fine with me. It's the crop that does bug me sometimes with the P40+. Either that or the new body does not show me the crop in the finder but some type of magnification to eliminate it visually. Hope someone is listening. If you think about it I think the best marketing approach they could take in my mind 3 backs 3 crop factors 3 pricing structures and eliminate the P65 as it is today. Keep the 140 as it is and the 180 with new sensor eliminate the P65/160 from the market and do a 1:1 crop of the 80 mpx sensor to replace the P65/IQ160

I think I am at the very top of the list for the IQ140. I put my order in very early

The new camera from all rumors is this year and hopefully I will unload it from the ship myself. LOL

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

go 160 and no crop needed; both the 160 and 180 are 1:1, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am seriously considering a P65+ as my upgrade path right now. I would like the full frame. It maybe somewhat close to the same money as the IQ 140 so this has me thinking. This would be a used P65+ that is. I just have to go in baby steps right now. Honestly i like all three sensors but for me the balance point maybe the P65+ i actually gain on this path up instead of a lateral. At least sensor that is. Maybe next year move up to IQ. I want the tech but maybe more important is get the crop factor out of my closet and get a FF sensor. It actually would help with my current lens selection which would make my 35mm wider. Decisions

Okay lets get back to images

Obviously this would be my new home.

Alpa TC with 47mm XL schneider and P65+

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Guy, I hear you. This is where I'll be sleeping if my wife finds out about my upgrade plans!

jcoffin

Quote Originally Posted by BlasR View Post
    BlasR
    This is simply not true. The 40 is clearly worthless, and Guy should just get rid of it immediately. Being a kind and generous person, I'll even volunteer to save him the trouble of actually throwing it away. Just send it to me, and I'll take care of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2jbourret View Post
    Yeah Guy, I hear you. This is where I'll be sleeping if my wife finds out about my upgrade plans!
    At least you get air conditioning. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

At least you get air conditioning. LOL
    Hope it will happen by winter, then i think he doesn't need air conditioning
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

See here you get more legroom and bullet holes to hang stuff from. This is a major upgrade here. Not only that you get a great view.

Alpa TC 47mm Schneider p65+. High tech precision instrument working in a highly imprecise focusing system (guessing). Gotta love it

Could not find the Disto here.