The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Ed - Beautiful!

This is the first image I remember seeing with the P65/WRS combo.
Thanks Don.

Much more demanding than the P45 but the detail is truly incredible.

I had the P45 and the cambo clicking nicely. With the P65+ I am still learning.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Eleanor,
I love that shot of snow on fall leaves.
Folks in Massachusetts are putting in their snow stakes more than a month earlier than normal. I wonder what the Farmer's Almanac is telling them?
-bob

D

ddk

A couple of recent commercial shots (shot to fit a layout)

I love this Graham, very original and humorous! :thumbs::thumbs:

Were they real grannies or men dressed up as woman?

Don Libby

Eleanor,
I love that shot of snow on fall leaves.
Folks in Massachusetts are putting in their snow stakes more than a month earlier than normal. I wonder what the Farmer's Almanac is telling them?
-bob
Bob - Not too sure about what the Farmer's Almanac is saying however since we had such a dry monsoon season more than a couple old wise Navajos are calling for a wet winter. Based on Eleanor's image I'd have to agree with them.

D

ddk

Real inhabitants of the island wearing the national costume (which they do in real life) and riding the bikes which they use every day as transport.
That's fantastic, I love it even more now!

Dale Allyn

I like the "Volvo-esque" grill on the front sidecar in contrast to the humble "apple box" of the second. Makes me think of a class war of sorts... with the idea that the underdog may prevail in the end. ;) haha

Nice work, Graham.

eleanorbrown

Many thanks to those of you who have commented on my images. I'm going to take a chance and post three of an on going series I do that is totally different from my other work. (In this case pines, autumn grasses and so on--in the middle shot the river is included) I use camera and subject movement (ie: wind, water, etc) to get my impressionistic effects. No manipulation is done in photoshop, save for the usual contrast, etc corrections. The color is derived from usually late afternoon yellow and evening blue light and the seasons of the year (in this case fall, with reds, yellows, etc.). I took these this afternoon and evening. This series is featured in Texas Children's Hospital Maternity Center printed on heavy Epson Ultrasmooth paper). (P65+/H2/HC lenses )
Eleanor

Dale Allyn

Eleanor,

I like these, as well as others you've posted on your site. I've yet to attempt this technique of abstract art, but I started looking at the methods a year or so ago – reading a bit about it.

Thanks for posting these. It's a good reminder for me to try. :) They're beautiful.

eleanorbrown

Thanks Dale...after shooting hundreds and hundreds of these you learn what subjects will work best (lots of verticals are good horizontals (logs, branches, etc) can cause problems in the end result. Also I've learned what kind of camera/hand movements will tend to produce certain results. I have lots and lots of failures but not as many as I used to. eleanor

Eleanor,

I like these, as well as others you've posted on your site. I've yet to attempt this technique of abstract art, but I started looking at the methods a year or so ago – reading a bit about it.

Thanks for posting these. It's a good reminder for me to try. :) They're beautiful.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Using the new AFD body and 80 Leaf lens in the studio

I had to do a proof of concept for a client - a crucifixion, as you can see. If the job is agreed then we'll go for a full setup, including more appropriate dress and a full sized studio etc, but this was to show the lighting and the model and the general idea.

So given that today was my last day with the new Phase gear I thought I'd give it a bash. I shot in FP mode since there was no ambient light. I found that the AF was off far too often compared to the 'old' setup but when I discussed this with my Phase contact later it turned out that I had not spotted the new Custom Function, which is to choose between 'fast' and 'accurate' AF (I was on Fast and for most of the shoot with my modelling lights set to Proportional rather than Max, which makes most focus systems think twice!)

In any event I like the results, at least as a 'maquette'. This gear rocks.

In the finished version I plan to use a deeper studio and much larger background, thrown much more OOF than here and with rather more refined lighting.

Best

t

Status
Not open for further replies.