The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

David K

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Nine shot pano taken with my Hy6 kit and the Schneider 40mm/3.5 and stitched with PT Gui Pro.

Qamaro

Bill: Great shots from the Tetons! I was there last week just as the first snow came down. I had a great time as I am sure you enjoyed it as well with all the colors changing at this time of year.

Lovely image from Oxbow Bend. Here is a shot from the first day of snow using the 105-210 ULD (see attached).

For the some other photos I took on the trip both landscapes and abstracts you can check them out at:

http://66.7.217.175/~marq/index2.php#/featured/

Most were taken with the a mix of 35mm MF, 45mm AF and the 105-210mm (all non-D lenses).

DavidK: Great Pano! Loving the color play off the clouds in that shot.

- Marq

Qamaro

Don - Thanks for the feedback! I've watched the posting of your images over different iterations of these threads and I love your work so your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

- Marq

G

gdwhalen

Bill: Great shots from the Tetons! I was there last week just as the first snow came down. I had a great time as I am sure you enjoyed it as well with all the colors changing at this time of year.

Lovely image from Oxbow Bend. Here is a shot from the first day of snow using the 105-210 ULD (see attached).

For the some other photos I took on the trip both landscapes and abstracts you can check them out at:

http://66.7.217.175/~marq/index2.php#/featured/

Most were taken with the a mix of 35mm MF, 45mm AF and the 105-210mm (all non-D lenses).

DavidK: Great Pano! Loving the color play off the clouds in that shot.

- Marq
Marq,
How were you able to get the rights to use that music on your website?

Qamaro

gdphotography,

Good question. I do not have any official rights to use the music. The site is not officially live yet, hence the IP address redirector. I put up some music I owned and liked to see how it would play with the mood of some of the galleries, figured that was ok for now since I am not selling or stating any kind of endorsement (although it could be misconstrued). I helped with that fact - as I noted in the jukebox the copyright for each artist (I would have liked to link each artist website as well but there was not an option to do so in this particular jukebox).

In the end the tracks would not stay without permission and I may just go with some local talent I know but, if I can get permission then the better for going live. Hope the information was helpful in clarifying the use. Note I updated my website copyright to include that the music usage is without permission, copyrighted by each artist and is being used only for testing only purposes.

Thanks for the feedback and reminder.

- Marq

gogopix

Subscriber

Welcome!
Nice shot-I like the light.

Did you use C1 for processing? The image is a bit green and I am finding that with my Phase backs. And it isn't easy to balance these forest shots.

Does anyone know how to get more profiles than the default Phase set?
I wind up just leaving and fixing in post (it uses P65+ FLASH of all things

C1 4 is certainly not as easy to use as C1 3.x esp in making and selecting profiles.

Anyone have a recommendation?

regards
Victor

Dale Allyn

Victor, my first step with C1 is to select all images and change the profile to outdoor-daylight (or whatever it's titled). If I know that I'll also want any other items set globally as well I might also do it at this step (like a copyright notice). I do this one global adjustment before doing any previewing.

After that I set color-temp and tint for image groups that are similar. I find that natural scenes like forests usually have a bit of variation from scene to scene because of the nature of foliage-filtered light.

KeithL

The image is a bit green and I am finding that with my Phase backs. And it isn't easy to balance these forest shots.

But the light in woodlands and forests is green. The light filters through all those green leaves that go to make up the canopy and results in this fantastic light.

Don't fight it.

Dale Allyn

It's the variation that keeps things interesting!
I don't suggest that one should sanitize forest images. My point was that I approach it as I described above so that I can decide image by image based on the scene. Primarily my post was to suggest a method I use in C-1 to set the profile globally to outdoor-daylight instead of the default profile of flash. :)

gogopix

Subscriber

Very good points, and exactly my dilemma; standardize profile or handle one by one.
Usually depends on lighting as well. The shot below was late afternoon, filtered, and reflected sky. Pretty tricky
Anyway first is the baisc process Dale outlined, plus a bit of levels (nice thing about P65, no sharpening needed! :) well, maybe the C1 default

Next I tried more levels, in shadow enhancement-it shifted color though (at least perceived)

Last is a bit of color correction to get each of the flowers as I remembered.

The green was a bit yellow on willow, and yes, the water was brown, but sky was blue.

I think under different circumstances I could like each.

This, BTW is Monet's japanese garden in Geverny

Victor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.