The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

A couple of Halloween pics.

First Scaredy Duck:

"Well I think that cat looks dangerous! Look at the way he is just sitting there. Like he is taunting us."

H3D II 39 Alpa Apo Switar 36 F11

Yes a really boring day here.:ROTFL:

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Yet another Halloween pic.

Black Cat on Glass.

H3D II 39 with Alpa Apo Switar 36

Bob

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Looks like your having fun with the H back Bob!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Hassy HC80mm and HC120mm and H2 Body with Phase One P45+. Processed in Capture One Pro.

More at my blog.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Dale Allyn

That would indeed be a great destination for your H back, Bob. It's a wonderful venue for photography, and a workshop as described would make it all the better. I would have loved to participate in this one, if not for being here in BKK this month.

docmoore

We have one slot left for Oregon and you're are more than welcome!

:D,
Jack,

I keep looking for a workshop that will coincide with dates that will work for my schedule. This one will not work but I am hopeful for something in the future. The northern Oregon coast is one of my favorite destinations and I know you all will have a wonderful time.

I hope that the light is there when you desire it.

I will be looking for your posts this coming week.

Regards,

Bob

David K

Workshop Member

Lots of great images posted here guys. These are from a new model's first time shoot. I'm playing around with different looks in post just for fun. I'm leaning towards the fully saturated shot as the better of the two.

gogopix

Subscriber

Dear David

What are you using for 'looks'? I have the files from the original Kodak Looks for the Photodesk SW and wondered wherther ther was a way to convert to a 'profile' that could be used in C1. Kodak originally charged for them (then gave away, then left the camera business! :D ) but I did like the spectrum of looks they had.

Anyway, they were not limited to skin tone; e.g. I have been playing with this image, darker, more/less saturated, full/limited DR etc. So far I like this one, but it is all hit an miss. I wouldn't mind having a 'looks' palette."

Nice work, BTW esp the panos.

regards
Victor

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member

Victor,
My repertoire consists of LR, CS4 and some plug-ins from Alien Skin and Nik Software. Alien Skin Exposure 2 has a variety of looks based on underlying film types. If you haven't tried it I'd recommend it strongly. Also, you might find Viveza by Nik Software to be useful. There's nothing there that you can't do in CS4 with layers and masks but it can be a whole lot easier and faster with Viveza. Lastly, Silver Efex Pro, also by Nik, provides very good black and white conversions some of which are based on film type but there's a whole lot more it can do. At the end of the day I find it's like Grandma's secret recipe... a touch of this, a sprinkle of that, until you get it just right. No magic, just trial and error... at least for me. Obviously, it helps a great deal to start with good lighting.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

A couple from Inglis Falls, Ontario, taken today. 75-150 mm, f22, 1/2 sec ISO 50 with polarizer to act as ND filter. Incidentally, these are not as sharp as some f11 shots I took - diffraction limits were setting in but I needed the longer exposure times.

Which do you prefer, the portrait or landscape?

The title is "Vandalism" - I'm sure you can see why!

Last edited:

I serve on the Board of Directors of a local theater company, and while struggling with this season's budget, I volunteered to take photos for all five productions. For the first few shoots, I only used my M8. I had the Phamiya/P25+ with me, but it never left the bag. The marketing director needed several more shots of the current production to use in next season's brochure, and we needed to provide a local magazine with shots of an actress for an upcoming production. So, I decided to try the P25+ at this shoot. It was challenging, but I am pleased with the results. The shot below was taken with the P25+ @ ISO 400, Mamiya 55mm AF @ f/2.8, handheld:

--Mark

yaya

Aptus-II 10, Phase One 645DF, SK 80mm/f2.8 LS, C1 5.0 and a custom CB750

steflaurent974

Here a 16 seconds pose to capture this sugar plant with the ALPA 12 SWA schneider 24XL. I corrected the perspective in PShop... But now I think I should have use the 47XL (wich allowed some movement) and stich two frames.

But it's done !!

docmoore

Hi Bob, this Alpa Apo switar 36 looks really fine, did you give a test with the schneider 35xl Apo Digitar ?
Actually, the Alpa Apo Switar is the same optically as the Schneider 35xl. The following is from Alpa'a website

"Schneider ALPA Apo-Switar 5.6/36 mm

The highend wideangle optimized for digital and film.

This lens uses the same optical system as the Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/35 mm XL. The larger front tube is acting as an integrated lens shade and the filter size of 72 mm is much more suitable for various filter types (no special wide angle version as for the Apo-Digitar 5.6/35 mm XL is needed).

You will find technical information with MTF curves of the Apo-Digitar 5.6/35 mm XL."

I was suprised to learn this and found an Alpa Apo Switar languishing at a steep discount...

Bob

D

ddk

Aptus-II 10, Phase One 645DF, SK 80mm/f2.8 LS, C1 5.0 and a custom CB750

Gorgeous tones Yair, was the BW conversion and Sepia toning done is C1?

(Edit) Additional question, is C1 5.x replacing Leaf Capture in the near future?

Last edited:

docmoore

Couple more with the Alpa Apo Switar 36 H3D II 39

Bob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.