Site Sponsors
Page 146 of 386 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,300 of 19289

Thread: Fun with MF images

  1. #7251
    Workshop Member kuau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Park City, UT
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    34

    Re: Fun with MF images

    B&W from yesterday by the San Miguel River
    Steven

    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

  2. #7252
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1016

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Steven,

    LOVE the composition, but personally speaking, I would like to see the shadows opened up a bit to show some detail.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  3. #7253
    Workshop Member kuau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Park City, UT
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    34

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Jack
    I will work on it some more.
    Have a good trip to NE..
    Steven

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Steven,

    LOVE the composition, but personally speaking, I would like to see the shadows opened up a bit to show some detail.
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

  4. #7254
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Thx a lot Ed. The image is stitched out of two images. One for the sky and one for the water. I really loved Sydney. I have a lot more images from a few other points as well. I just haven't had the time to finish all. (Currently visting Boston for a week)
    Boston - another great photography location, especially from across the bay/river at night.

  5. #7255
    Workshop Member Wayne Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Hunting for aspen golds last night ... some small patches but still a few days away. Did find this nice stand of aspen trunks ... this is Alpine Loop in Utah on the Sundance side


    PhaseDF/IQ180 with 75-150 at 125mm, f/11, 1.3 seconds, ISO 35 (3 shot focus stack)
    Last edited by Wayne Fox; 29th September 2011 at 13:03.

  6. #7256

  7. #7257
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Thanks for the great shots Wayne. Fall colors in my own backyard very well could've passed me by without your help.

    Silver Lake Area - Alpine Loop, Utah (Aspens still need a little more time but Maples and Oakbrush is great)
    Cambo WDS, 72mm, P45+, 2 image stitch (still need a more processing, but I'm headed to the NW for a week)



    Mason.

  8. #7258
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Big Island, Hawaii & Utah
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Here is another Utah image. Wildflowers at sunrise in the upper meadows of Mt. Timpanogos, from the Timponeeke Trail. Pentax 645D, 55mm, F22, three frame vertical stitch with a bit of dodging.

  9. #7259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    Hunting for aspen golds last night ... some small patches but still a few days away. Did find this nice stand of aspen trunks ... this is Alpine Loop in Utah on the Sundance side


    PhaseDF/IQ180 with 75-150 at 125mm, f/11, 1.3 seconds, ISO 35 (3 shot focus stack)
    Wayne, Love your fall shot!

  10. #7260
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington VA
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Steve, I like the drama in the San Miguel River shot. Love the light to dark ratio, leave it alone.
    On-line portfolio
    www.abouddweck.com

  11. #7261
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1016

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Wayne,

    Love the Aspen trunks shot!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  12. #7262
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Want back to Acadia to shoot the sunrise from Cadillac Mountain. Unfortunately the peak was in the clouds so I hurried down to otter cliffs. Shot waves until this one came in and soaked me.

    Cambo RS, IQ180, HR32, two shot stitch


  13. #7263
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Great Image. I've been there before but I've never been able to make the trip with my camera equipment. Maybe someday.

    M>

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wood View Post
    Here is another Utah image. Wildflowers at sunrise in the upper meadows of Mt. Timpanogos, from the Timponeeke Trail. Pentax 645D, 55mm, F22, three frame vertical stitch with a bit of dodging.

  14. #7264
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Jungles in Singapore?

    Well, not quite...we are mainly an urban landscape...but what do you guys think? HDR or not?

    I do admit, the HDR is not tweaked well...but here it goes...the HDR, H3D-39 with HCD4/28.



    and the non-HDR



    and a bit more discussion at my blog entry.

  15. #7265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arlington VA
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Too cute alert

    I thought I would inject a little humanity into this thread of great landscapes and scenics.

    By the way Ed, the Otter cliffs photograph is absolutely magnificent. I tried to catch the sunrise one summer on Cadillac and I was punked by heavy cloud cover. A truly brilliant image.

    I was out working on my monument project when I spotted this two cuties posing for their Dad at the feet of the Teddy Roosevelt statue here in D.C. The juxtaposition leveled me.

    Pentax 645D 150 3.5
    Last edited by aboudd; 20th January 2012 at 16:06.
    On-line portfolio
    www.abouddweck.com

  16. #7266
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Too cute alert

    Quote Originally Posted by aboudd View Post
    I thought I would inject a little humanity into this thread of great landscapes and scenics.

    By the way Ed, the Otter cliffs photograph is absolutely magnificent. I tried to catch the sunrise one summer on Cadillac and I was punked by heavy cloud cover. A truly brilliant image.

    I was out working on my monument project when I spotted this two cuties posing for their Dad at the feet of the Teddy Roosevelt statue here in D.C. The juxtaposition leveled me.

    Pentax 645D 150 3.5
    Magic shot!!! Love it.

    =Marc

  17. #7267
    Senior Member Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London/Kiev
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    ok, my new Leaf back is up and running now after a false start. Took it out for a spin today:











  18. #7268
    Senior Member Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London/Kiev
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I'm pretty impressed with the image quality. Here's a 100% crop from the third image:



    iso 50, f5.7, 1/200, hand-held

  19. #7269
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Those are terrific Graham!

    Love the color rendering.

    -Marc

  20. #7270
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with MF images

    that portrait has an amazing, engaging quality. very nice

  21. #7271
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    Hunting for aspen golds last night ... some small patches but still a few days away. Did find this nice stand of aspen trunks ... this is Alpine Loop in Utah on the Sundance side


    PhaseDF/IQ180 with 75-150 at 125mm, f/11, 1.3 seconds, ISO 35 (3 shot focus stack)
    Awesome!!!

  22. #7272
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    The portrait has great color and as jlm mentioned, very engaging.

    Congrats on the new back.

  23. #7273
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Since this thread is about fun, a little abuse of tilts and swings ....

    P45+/CamboWide RS/70mm Rode w tilt lens panel

  24. #7274
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    351

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Carboat View Post
    Since this thread is about fun, a little abuse of tilts and swings ....

    P45+/CamboWide RS/70mm Rode w tilt lens panel
    Those are fun especially when taken from a high vantage point.
    -bob

  25. #7275
    Workshop Member Wayne Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Reds from this fall in Utah certainly seem better than I remember for some time. They are quickly fading, and the aspens are coming on strong. Here's another one I like. Phase DF/IQ180, 75-150 at 135, 1 sec at f/11, ISO 200. (Not quite done with post on this shot, still a few things to touch up before printing).


  26. #7276
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Beautiful images Wayne.
    Wonderful portrait Graham.
    So many great photos here.
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  27. #7277
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Rain clouds over Kahului Bay in Maui.
    150mm.

    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  28. #7278
    Workshop Member Wayne Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by The Smoking Camera View Post
    Rain clouds over Kahului Bay in Maui.
    150mm.

    Can't see an image, says content protected by owner

  29. #7279
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    Can't see an image, says content protected by owner
    Oops. My bad. Thanks Wayne.
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  30. #7280
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1016

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Great images on this page everyone!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  31. #7281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Want back to Acadia to shoot the sunrise from Cadillac Mountain. Unfortunately the peak was in the clouds so I hurried down to otter cliffs. Shot waves until this one came in and soaked me.

    Cambo RS, IQ180, HR32, two shot stitch


    Wow, lots of great images and I especially like this one. How did you stitch the wave? Ed, if you don't live on the East Coast, perhaps you should consider moving there. One terrific shot after another!

    Tom

  32. #7282
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I hate to put this right after Ed's great shot, but I would like some advice from the collective skill of members of this thread. What's wrong with these shots?! I took them last evening and it's the sort of image I like, but this one fall flat and I don't really know why. No true point of interest? I know they need more post work, but it doesn't seem worth the effort.

    Thanks for any ideas,

    Tom




    Untitled_Panorama22 by tsjanik47, on Flickr


    Untitled_Panorama23 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

  33. #7283
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    351

    Re: Fun with MF images

    In the first one I think that the horizon too evenly divides the frame which makes it look static and without focus.
    There is also no real subject at the golden mean position on the left where it would belong.
    It does not take much, crashing wave, a pattern of light (or I would use a silhouette of a nice young lady).

    The second one has as the subject the smell of the sea, the freshening breeze coming off the water and the rapid change of the light; none of which are actually in the image.
    It is not clear what your intent is with the image is it the sky or the rocks?
    Crop a version like this maybe?

    Attachment 49304
    -bob

  34. #7284
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    4,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    132

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Tom, sometime you can do everything right, and for one reason or another, the image is just not there. Mostly I find it is the light. I find over time the light dictates the images I make rather than the scene, if that makes sense.

  35. #7285
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Tom, sometime you can do everything right, and for one reason or another, the image is just not there. Mostly I find it is the light. I find over time the light dictates the images I make rather than the scene, if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    ...It is not clear what your intent is with the image is it the sky or the rocks?....
    Attachment 49304
    -bob
    Thanks fellows. It was the light, or lack thereof. I think you nailed it Bob, I saw the cloud cover and clear horizon and anticipated some spectacular red clouds right after sunset. They never really materialized, but I keep my intent on getting the clouds nonetheless.

    Tom

  36. #7286
    Shelby Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images

    wonderful stuff everyone!

    An old image (while I'm waiting on my adapter plate for my RZ, I have no camera to shoot with )... but I decided to give the History Brush technique described in the latest article at LuLa a shot to try to give a pretty flat shot a bit more dimension.

    My first attempt is a bit heavy handed in places, but I think it's a technique I'd like to explore further.

    Aptus II-6, Mamiya 80/2.8D


  37. #7287
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    Reds from this fall in Utah certainly seem better than I remember for some time. They are quickly fading, and the aspens are coming on strong. Here's another one I like. Phase DF/IQ180, 75-150 at 135, 1 sec at f/11, ISO 200. (Not quite done with post on this shot, still a few things to touch up before printing).

    You're killing me with this awesome color Wayne. I'm in the NE and hopefully the color will start popping with the cooler weather this week. The hurricane has made for about two weeks of wet warm weather that is rotting anything early and putting everything else on hold.

    I especially love this image, is it polarized?

    I have been after something similar: vibrant red, white aspen or birch trunks with rich greens to complete the feel for years and it just hasn't happened - yet!

  38. #7288
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by tsjanik View Post
    I hate to put this right after Ed's great shot, but I would like some advice from the collective skill of members of this thread. What's wrong with these shots?! I took them last evening and it's the sort of image I like, but this one fall flat and I don't really know why. No true point of interest? I know they need more post work, but it doesn't seem worth the effort.

    Thanks for any ideas,

    Tom




    Tom,

    I'm pretty much in line with Bob's comments (especially on the second image) but sometimes it just doesn't happen for us. I've been cruising around New England for the past week and got zip. The week before I got several good looks but only frustration the past week.

    The top image has some potential but it is a little too static with the horizon and red clouds smack in the middle of the image. Moody light and sky but the foreground just isn't working. There needs to be lines in the foreground shapes to help the composition which just isn't there and the cliff and silhouette foliage is stealing interest from the sky.

    I might have tried getting lower and using a longer shutter speed to isolate the rocks in the foreground from the water. A blend or hard edge ND would help improve the detail in the foreground as well. Probably advisable to move the sun or red clouds away from dead center.

  39. #7289
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    4,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    132

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    I'm in the NE and hopefully the color will start popping with the cooler weather this week. The hurricane has made for about two weeks of wet warm weather that is rotting anything early and putting everything else on hold.
    Not sure where you are, but the color should be in the mountains and you can follow it down to the coast as the season progresses. If you are still in Maine, head to Western Maine along the NH border or North to the Moosehead lake area. You can go from Rangeley to the coast in a day by car.

  40. #7290
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Lewis View Post
    wonderful stuff everyone!

    An old image (while I'm waiting on my adapter plate for my RZ, I have no camera to shoot with )... but I decided to give the History Brush technique described in the latest article at LuLa a shot to try to give a pretty flat shot a bit more dimension.

    My first attempt is a bit heavy handed in places, but I think it's a technique I'd like to explore further.

    Aptus II-6, Mamiya 80/2.8D

    I have been a fan of George's work for several years. He is a master.

    I don't see anything that looks heavy handed here. It is a wonderful image and I love the ambiance. I do see this as a square crop image if there ever was one.

  41. #7291
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Not sure where you are, but the color should be in the mountains and you can follow it down to the coast as the season progresses. If you are still in Maine, head to Western Maine along the NH border or North to the Moosehead lake area. You can go from Rangeley to the coast in a day by car.
    Thanks, that's sort of the plan. I'll be cruising the green and white mountains for the next week and then heading that way.

  42. #7292
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    4,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    132

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    I'll be cruising the green and white mountains for the next week and then heading that way.
    I always thought it was a funny name for those mountain considering people only go there for the red...

  43. #7293
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by tsjanik View Post
    Wow, lots of great images and I especially like this one. How did you stitch the wave? Ed, if you don't live on the East Coast, perhaps you should consider moving there. One terrific shot after another!

    Tom
    Thanks for the kind words Tom. I'm a hillbilly from Arkansas but enjoying an extended stay in the area. The wave is not stitched, the frames overlap about a third and is custom stitched to preserve the wave. The stitch edge at the waterline is just right of the wave. I have a dozen different waves to choose from.

  44. #7294
    Workshop Member Wayne Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    You're killing me with this awesome color Wayne. I'm in the NE and hopefully the color will start popping with the cooler weather this week. The hurricane has made for about two weeks of wet warm weather that is rotting anything early and putting everything else on hold.

    I especially love this image, is it polarized?

    I have been after something similar: vibrant red, white aspen or birch trunks with rich greens to complete the feel for years and it just hasn't happened - yet!
    Not polarized, just really late light with that luminescent quality to it. Luckily there was no wind.

  45. #7295
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Very nice! Well done.

    Kind regards,
    Derek

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Want back to Acadia to shoot the sunrise from
    Cadillac Mountain. Unfortunately the peak was in the clouds so I hurried down to otter cliffs. Shot waves until this one came in and soaked me.

    Cambo RS, IQ180, HR32, two shot stitch


  46. #7296
    Member 2jbourret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ketchum, Idaho
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Wow! Many, many high caliber images posted here since I last visited just a few days ago. Wish I had something to add, but nothing comes close. Better get to work!

  47. #7297
    Member 2jbourret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ketchum, Idaho
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Tom. I'm a hillbilly from Arkansas but enjoying an extended stay in the area. The wave is not stitched, the frames overlap about a third and is custom stitched to preserve the wave. The stitch edge at the waterline is just right of the wave. I have a dozen different waves to choose from.
    Ed, you must be a hillbilly with a trust fund. How can you visit so many great places in a year, for 'extended' periods of time, and tend to a gallery, too? I'm envious!

  48. #7298
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    700

    Re: Fun with MF images

    It's been over a year since I fired up the 503CWD......I need to get out with the CFV-16 more often.

    Gary

    CFV-16 II and 40mm CFE IF lens.

  49. #7299
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with MF images







    Crop from first shot
    Tareq

  50. #7300
    Senior Member Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London/Kiev
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    touché

    (for people who didn't get it the first time, I posted some shots of Tareq with his Hasselblad, and he just posted photos of me, crop included)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •