The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Thanks appreciate that . BTW i mention that I bought a Elinchrom Quadra 400 ws pack and head. I used that in the third shot for everyone and popped the big rock on the left with one or two full power blasts. Really nice lighting setup and very portable . Basically a small shoulder pack and very very small head. I know a couple folks wanted to hear what I thought and I really loved it and it is pretty durable . The head obviously you would have to be careful with and can't hold a huge softbox without a adapter ring but for getting in and out with some quick power and a good amount it is really nice. Works great with a skyport also. Bob used it one morning to shoot a young lady here in Oregon and maybe he can put up a sample with just using a diffusion sock on it. Here is one I used it on for fill in the Land of the Giants Redwood Forest. I did the same for Bob and Steve on a couple shots as well giving them a little extra fill light. Just adds a nice sparkle

jecxz

Dale, Bill, thank you. I've been looking at other threads here and this seems like a great forum. Here are some other photographs:

H3DII39, 100mm, f2.2

H3DII39, 28mm

H3DII39, 28mm, f8

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
http://www.jecxz.com

David K

Workshop Member

Guy, great stuff. Love those early morning shots. Hope you're all having a blast out there.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks David we had a lot of fun and some great images to be had. Hit a few weather issues that put some limits on shooting but overall I think everyone got some great images. Hopefully they will be posting all of them soon.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Eleanor we did hit some gorgeous light all day yesterday and that is what can really make or break a image. I only wish we had this light the whole time for everyone their. Couple folks had to go home a day early and they missed this. Jack and I felt bad all day long.

Dale Allyn

I can really relate, Guy. I've driven the full day to get there, spent a few days working out what I could, and then see the most amazing light as I was headed home with no time in the schedule to capture it. I think we have all experienced such outings.

For me, the southern Oregon coast is a great spot, but I seem to always end up there when the skies are beautiful for locals to fly their kites, i.e. not a cloud in sight. :)

Still, it beats real work at home.

G

gdwhalen

Hasselblad HC 120 Macro. First shot with it.

mark1958

GD I love that Rose image... Bob, the 120 macro is amazing. I would say get the 210 over the 150. I thought the 150 was optically the same as the 80 or 100 with the 1.7x converter. The 210 is outstanding. I highly recommend it. THe macro though.. would be my overall first choice... I use that lens most often.

This may be my next lens...thought about the 150 or 210 but this capture is phenomenal.

Absolutely love it!

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

I played with some trains this weekend. The following are from H3DII 39:

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Some closer views, again with the H3DII 39:

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Another view of cars on the spur....H3DII 39

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

I saw these as I was leaving the yard.

H3DII 39

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

GD I love that Rose image... Bob, the 120 macro is amazing. I would say get the 210 over the 150. I thought the 150 was optically the same as the 80 or 100 with the 1.7x converter. The 210 is outstanding. I highly recommend it. THe macro though.. would be my overall first choice... I use that lens most often.
That makes sense...so 120 followed by the 210 as I already have the 1.7 converter and the 150 does not add a lot with respect to coverage. Better the 100 with the 1.7 in the long run.

Thanks,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.