The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

You might look at the M9 images thread. Mike Hatam posted some wonderful Fort Point shots with the 28 cron. They compare well with the Alpa shots in my humble opinion. The M9 I believe is going to become one of the Leica legends.
Woody - any camera in Mike's capable and enthusiastic hands is going to deliver! The fort is a rich environment, it's nice to see other peoples take on the place. (P.S. Mike's shots are with the WATE, I believe)

Stuart Richardson

Yes, I like the last best as well. The composition is very nice.

On the hotel -- yes! It was amazing, and one of the most interesting places I have been. I was riding the trains around Japan, and found that place in the countryside in Tohoku. It was far far off the beaten path, and I was the only non-Japanese there. It is a luxury sort of hotel built in to the side of a cliff, so the rooms look out on the bay with all those little pine tree covered islets. It is a Japanese style hotel, so a hostess in a kimono brings you to your room, shows you around, and then brings your dinner later (a massive tray of super fresh seafood (some so fresh it is still moving, in the case of the abalone and sea urchin)). In any case, as I think people here know, the further you get off the beaten path, the more you are rewarded...even if you aren't necessarily roughing it!
I apologize for the digression, here is a photo to make up for it...MF, analog (sorry, sold the digi):
It's a fulmar, an icelandic seabird. Taken with the 203FE and a 350mm FE lens.

woodyspedden

Woody - any camera in Mike's capable and enthusiastic hands is going to deliver! The fort is a rich environment, it's nice to see other peoples take on the place. (P.S. Mike's shots are with the WATE, I believe)
Hi Charlie

You are correct, it was the WATE.

I didn't mean to compare the images except in terms of IQ. Your Alpa shots show definite advantages over the M9 but my feeling was that the M9 held its own. That is a significant statement given the major difference in price, size and weight.

So still saying I loved your images. I used to live in Half Moon Bay but never made it to Fort Point. I have to remedy that one of these first days.

Best

Woody

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks, Jack - here's one with the 120 Macro D, and another taken, just for fun, with the macro at full extension and the #4b Extension Tube, which adds about another inch. I haven't measured but it is obviously bigger than 1:1, perhaps 1.1:1.

Extension tubes are something I seem to buy but rarely actually use. This was the first time for this one!

Last edited:

carstenw

That Aston Martin is stunning. Is that Meilenwerk? Is it allowed to bring a tripod?

28mm... were you using a Phase or Mamiya camera? If so, you must have been quite a sight framing that first shot :D

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Yair, I really like the first shot of the grille --- any true Bond fan knows exactly what car that is ;-)

yaya

That Aston Martin is stunning. Is that Meilenwerk? Is it allowed to bring a tripod?

28mm... were you using a Phase or Mamiya camera? If so, you must have been quite a sight framing that first shot :D
Yes that's Meilenwerk, at the Canon CPS roadshow, what a place!!!

I had short breaks so walked around with the Phase One 645DF and an Aptus-II 10. Could use a tripod but it was in another hall so did it all handheld...

got a few more that I need to play with...
Next stop is the Botanikum in Munich on Tuesday.

Thanks

Yair

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member

and one with the 250 superachromat, a lens i'm still getting used to

jlm

Workshop Member

some stylish and colorful navy yard housing, CFVI

oops, server has bogged

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

John, I never get tired of looking at your shipyard images -- I especially like the old crane with its reflection.

jlm

Workshop Member

thanks. work has been crazy, but got out there this am for a NY sunrise. a pano of my stomping grounds, taken around 8 am with the 110
and a couple of detail shots taken with the 250 and the 80

Status
Not open for further replies.