Site Sponsors
Page 154 of 386 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,700 of 19298

Thread: Fun with MF images

  1. #7651
    Senior Member Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London/Kiev
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    From a walk in town today:




    and the guy who makes my dinner about 4 times a week

    Last edited by Graham Mitchell; 5th November 2011 at 13:37.

  2. #7652
    Workshop Member Wayne Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayhand View Post
    Hi Wayne, glad you liked it

    Dont understand why you get different saturation beetwen the two versions.
    Is it the same with the other image also?
    They both look ok on my screen.

    Ray
    Second one has no imbedded profile, looks fine. first one has a strange profile imbedded ... your monitor profile? "Farg-LCD kaliberad_A". Safari on my mac is color managed, so might be the issue.

  3. #7653
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Fun with MF images

    From last week's blizzard in CT. Alpa + 35mm Schneider + IQ 180 handheld.






  4. #7654
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Fun with MF images

    The day after. Same setup. The IQ 180's dynamic range gets a workout.




  5. #7655
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Hmm, not sure if this works at all or not.


    Misty Kowloon
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #7656
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Heck yeah it works! That is an incredible image on many many levels. I keep coming back to it, it's what I call a picture of the mind, a picture which conjurs so much thought, musing, emotions.

    Utterly fantastic.

    *edit* I'd love to see a large quality print of that picture, it's one of the best pictures I've seen in perhaps a year or more. Let me know when you offer it for sale!
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  7. #7657
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with MF images

    outstanding image, might try to get rid of the vignetting upper left. the mood, layering and topography rising out of the mist are very interesting

  8. #7658
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Hmm, not sure if this works at all or not.


    Misty Kowloon
    Love it!

  9. #7659
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Hmm, not sure if this works at all or not.


    Misty Kowloon
    Incredible light! Fav!

  10. #7660
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1248

    Re: Fun with MF images



    Brightened up the fall! The picture was taken last week.
    Great Sand Dunes National Park
    Alamosa, CO

    Phase One DF with IQ 180
    55mm LS

  11. #7661
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Hmm, not sure if this works at all or not.
    Striking; I think it works very well. Hong Kong? I hope that's fog.

    Tom

  12. #7662
    mtj
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Hello Wentbackward. Your image is so striking that I finally registered on this site so that I could post my quick example of fixing the vignette issues and making some minor edits. Please have confidence in the capture. Excellent!

  13. #7663
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I liked it as is to be honest.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  14. #7664
    Shelby Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    I liked it as is to be honest.
    +1

  15. #7665
    Senior Member Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London/Kiev
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Went for a trip into the desert today:



    Made a new friend:



    Ran into a bunch of guys having a picnic in the middle of nowhere:



    Here you can see what they were eating:


  16. #7666
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario
    Posts
    203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    The day after. Same setup. The IQ 180's dynamic range gets a workout.
    Very nice Woody but theres this weird white stuff in your pictures that I hope not to see much of this year and next
    Last edited by Dan Bellyk; 6th November 2011 at 09:51.

  17. #7667
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Only on a Sunday

    This is the kind of Fun With Filters Frenzy that only happens when Sundays and Blue Moons coincide...

    Most evenings I walk my pooch at dusk and there's this one spot where the colours make a pot of gold under some trees. It makes me stop in my tracks every time but it always looks like it's the sort of scene that's better in memory than on film. However... I started off with an iPhone snap processed in Snapspeed, quite liked the result and then graduated through a Fuji X100 shot to a full on, three shot HDR with IQ180 on Cambo with 35XL, LCC, the works, then processed in C1 to export to LR, then out to Nik HDR then Color Effex Pro and back to Lightroom.

    So here are the three shots. If anyone likes them, which do they prefer: the $500 version, the $1,000 version or the, well, let's just say stratospheric version! You could save me a lot of money here...








  18. #7668
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    Went for a trip into the desert today:

    Made a new friend:

    Here you can see what they were eating:

    Blimey... that must have been a helluva party! Great shot!

  19. #7669
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    This is the kind of Fun With Filters Frenzy that only happens when Sundays and Blue Moons coincide...

    Most evenings I walk my pooch at dusk and there's this one spot where the colours make a pot of gold under some trees. It makes me stop in my tracks every time but it always looks like it's the sort of scene that's better in memory than on film. However... I started off with an iPhone snap processed in Snapspeed, quite liked the result and then graduated through a Fuji X100 shot to a full on, three shot HDR with IQ180 on Cambo with 35XL, LCC, the works, then processed in C1 to export to LR, then out to Nik HDR then Color Effex Pro and back to Lightroom.

    So here are the three shots. If anyone likes them, which do they prefer: the $500 version, the $1,000 version or the, well, let's just say stratospheric version! You could save me a lot of money here...
    I prefer the second. Is it x100?

  20. #7670
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I know we had allready quite a bit fall color here but anyways:






  21. #7671
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    I know we had allready quite a bit fall color here but anyways:
    That first one especially is great - a lovely thing for her to have when she's older!

    Tim
    ps you were right, number two was X100...

  22. #7672
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    This is the kind of Fun With Filters Frenzy that only happens when Sundays and Blue Moons coincide...

    Most evenings I walk my pooch at dusk and there's this one spot where the colours make a pot of gold under some trees. It makes me stop in my tracks every time but it always looks like it's the sort of scene that's better in memory than on film. However... I started off with an iPhone snap processed in Snapspeed, quite liked the result and then graduated through a Fuji X100 shot to a full on, three shot HDR with IQ180 on Cambo with 35XL, LCC, the works, then processed in C1 to export to LR, then out to Nik HDR then Color Effex Pro and back to Lightroom.

    So here are the three shots. If anyone likes them, which do they prefer: the $500 version, the $1,000 version or the, well, let's just say stratospheric version! You could save me a lot of money here...







    #3

  23. #7673
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with MF images

    reminds me of andy goldsworthy

  24. #7674
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Tashley - love'm all but number 3 appeals most. I like the light on the tree in the background.
    Bill

  25. #7675
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I posted a version of this earlier but the color profile was all wrong. Now I've corrected it.

    This is the last of the color for this part of Ontario - all the deciduous trees have shed their leaves, leaving the larch as the only brilliance left. But they're good for another week or so yet! (Yeah, I know it's pure picture postcard stuff!)



    Bill

  26. #7676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    This is the kind of Fun With Filters Frenzy that only happens when Sundays and Blue Moons coincide...


    I like both #3 and #1, in that order, although for different reasons. #3 has a precision I attempt to achieve in my own photography; it's an accurate record. #1 is more nebulous, imprecise and dream-like; more of a memory.

    Here's my own contribution from today, a local creek.

    Tom

    _IGP6139 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

  27. #7677
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    This is the kind of Fun With Filters Frenzy that only happens when Sundays and Blue Moons coincide...

    Most evenings I walk my pooch at dusk and there's this one spot where the colours make a pot of gold under some trees. It makes me stop in my tracks every time but it always looks like it's the sort of scene that's better in memory than on film. However... I started off with an iPhone snap processed in Snapspeed, quite liked the result and then graduated through a Fuji X100 shot to a full on, three shot HDR with IQ180 on Cambo with 35XL, LCC, the works, then processed in C1 to export to LR, then out to Nik HDR then Color Effex Pro and back to Lightroom.

    So here are the three shots. If anyone likes them, which do they prefer: the $500 version, the $1,000 version or the, well, let's just say stratospheric version! You could save me a lot of money here...
    Here is my question: I voted for #2 because I find there are more colors in the leaves. Specially some yellowish while in #3 it looks all dark orange/red to me.
    So was #3 some days later and therefore less yellow leaves?
    or did you post process in a way that you wanted it to look different to achieve a certain effect/ more color contrast to the dark green?
    or did the x100 render the different colors better?

  28. #7678
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    Here is my question: I voted for #2 because I find there are more colors in the leaves. Specially some yellowish while in #3 it looks all dark orange/red to me.
    So was #3 some days later and therefore less yellow leaves?
    or did you post process in a way that you wanted it to look different to achieve a certain effect/ more color contrast to the dark green?
    or did the x100 render the different colors better?
    I guess I should have said why I liked #3 best.

    #1 makes the tree ominous, like a spider waiting in the shadows using the beautiful leaves as the bait.

    I didn't mind #2 because the far background light was rendered in an interesting way that added a sense of depth, but the tree looks dodged to much which ruined it for me. The color is nice.

    #3, was likable to my eye because of all the subtile things going on ... like the reflections of the colored leaves on the hanging branches of the tree, and the rich detail everywhere. I didn't feel so manipulated even if it was, more natural.

    #3 could be post process to mimic #1 and 2 ... but I doubt the opposite is true ... #1 for sure, and probably #2 could never look like #3.

    I guess it shows how one can render a scene to achieve different goals.

    -Marc

  29. #7679
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    W. NY, close to Toronto, far from NYC
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    ............(Yeah, I know it's pure picture postcard stuff!)

    Bill
    Yes, but such a nice postcard. Really makes me want to load up the canoe and head out. For some reason, I associate the golden tamaracks with the warm, insect-free days of fall, i.e. perfect; maybe I just don't notice them when the weather is bad.

    Tom

  30. #7680
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Ben, Tom, jlm, Yat, Pramote, mtj, Shelby, Thanks guys for the comments! Yes it's Hong Kong.

    I think the vignette looks worse online as the JPG conversion has just pulled a lot of tones down to black (can be seen in the building centre/bottom too).

    Ben not sure this will print up large at this point as there seems to be an issue with a horizontal line right through the entire image. I need to contact POne about it I'll see if it can be dealt with or not

  31. #7681
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    I think the composition in this one is more pleasing, you seem to be further left, camera slightly higher and looking up more seems to emphasise the left to right motion supported by the slight incline and more depth as leaves behind the light area are more visible. #2 does nothing for me. #3 I feel the tree is starting to dominate the image.

  32. #7682
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Ben, Tom, jlm, Yat, Pramote, mtj, Shelby, Thanks guys for the comments! Yes it's Hong Kong.

    I think the vignette looks worse online as the JPG conversion has just pulled a lot of tones down to black (can be seen in the building centre/bottom too).

    Ben not sure this will print up large at this point as there seems to be an issue with a horizontal line right through the entire image. I need to contact POne about it I'll see if it can be dealt with or not
    Let me know when you've got it sorted!
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  33. #7683
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tsjanik View Post
    I like both #3 and #1, in that order, although for different reasons. #3 has a precision I attempt to achieve in my own photography; it's an accurate record. #1 is more nebulous, imprecise and dream-like; more of a memory.

    Here's my own contribution from today, a local creek.

    Tom
    Thanks Tom...I think that's why I liked #1 when I first took it on the iPhone, that impressionistic look, hence the experiment with other gear thereafter to see where else I could take it.

    Your shot is very nice - I am never able quite to get moving water as I would like it. What shutter speed? I do like the warm tones of the leaves against the cool rocks and water too!

  34. #7684
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    ...(snip)... I know it's pure picture postcard stuff!)

    Bill
    Well if the point of a postcard is to make the recipient 'wish they were here' it sure does work!

    ;-)

  35. #7685
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    Here is my question: I voted for #2 because I find there are more colors in the leaves. Specially some yellowish while in #3 it looks all dark orange/red to me.
    So was #3 some days later and therefore less yellow leaves?
    or did you post process in a way that you wanted it to look different to achieve a certain effect/ more color contrast to the dark green?
    or did the x100 render the different colors better?
    Hi Tom,
    #3 three days later and in more dusky light, but it has also been processed more... the X100 colours are good but the IQ180 are, ahem, maybe a touch better because they have more colour depth! Worry not... no eek needed!

  36. #7686
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    I guess I should have said why I liked #3 best.

    #1 makes the tree ominous, like a spider waiting in the shadows using the beautiful leaves as the bait.

    I didn't mind #2 because the far background light was rendered in an interesting way that added a sense of depth, but the tree looks dodged to much which ruined it for me. The color is nice.

    #3, was likable to my eye because of all the subtile things going on ... like the reflections of the colored leaves on the hanging branches of the tree, and the rich detail everywhere. I didn't feel so manipulated even if it was, more natural.

    #3 could be post process to mimic #1 and 2 ... but I doubt the opposite is true ... #1 for sure, and probably #2 could never look like #3.

    I guess it shows how one can render a scene to achieve different goals.

    -Marc
    Thanks Marc...this has been a really interesting process, hearing different opinions. I processed #3 mainly to make a nice fine art print on Hahnemuhle German Etching and it does look really rich and gloomy, nice chiaroscuro effect. #1 could never have got to the same place... but, though I have always subscribed to the view that information can be thrown away later but never added, I still find it very hard to get the impressionistic small sensor look out of big sensor files. I currently have #'s 1 & 3 as screen savers on adjacent 30" monitors (I often trial images that way for a day or two!) and I quite like them both but in very different ways. #1 is purely impressionistic whereas #3 has something of the feel of a Victorian landscape by Samuel Palmer or Millais or someone similar - a bit mystical. Horses for courses as usual!
    Last edited by tashley; 7th November 2011 at 08:53. Reason: typo

  37. #7687
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    Hmm, not sure if this works at all or not.


    Misty Kowloon
    Works!

  38. #7688
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post

    This one is awesome!

  39. #7689
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Cambo, IQ180, SK150:


  40. #7690
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Ed, that is my favourite Autumn shot of this season - gorgeous. Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Cambo, IQ180, SK150:

  41. #7691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    To be honest I find most landscape photography to be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

    So, imagine my surprise when along comes an image that is not only exciting but actually looks rather like paint drying.

    Very nice.

  42. #7692
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Fun with MF images

    This is outstanding.

  43. #7693

  44. #7694
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts and Vermont
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Ed:
    Very nice photograph. BTW, Peter Lik is reputed to have sold a photograph that is VERY similar to yours for $1M. You can google it. Of course, the buyer is anonymous, so as with much of what Peter Lik claims, take it with a grain of salt. There is a photograph of the Jenne Farm on his website that he claims was shot at sunrise. Strangely, the sun is in the location where the sun actually sets, not where it rises.

  45. #7695
    Shelby Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    I'm really diggin' the feeling of this one... the others, not quite so much.

    (send the money you saved to my paypal account )

  46. #7696
    Subscriber Member tashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of England
    Posts
    2,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Lewis View Post
    I'm really diggin' the feeling of this one... the others, not quite so much.

    (send the money you saved to my paypal account )
    Nice try Shelby!

  47. #7697
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Cambo, IQ180, SK150:
    I'm with Tim Ed . . . that's fantastic.

    Just this guy you know

  48. #7698
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Only on a Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    This is the kind of Fun With Filters Frenzy that only happens when Sundays and Blue Moons coincide...

    Most evenings I walk my pooch at dusk and there's this one spot where the colours make a pot of gold under some trees. It makes me stop in my tracks every time but it always looks like it's the sort of scene that's better in memory than on film. However... I started off with an iPhone snap processed in Snapspeed, quite liked the result and then graduated through a Fuji X100 shot to a full on, three shot HDR with IQ180 on Cambo with 35XL, LCC, the works, then processed in C1 to export to LR, then out to Nik HDR then Color Effex Pro and back to Lightroom.

    So here are the three shots. If anyone likes them, which do they prefer: the $500 version, the $1,000 version or the, well, let's just say stratospheric version! You could save me a lot of money here...
    Hi Tim
    For what it's worth . . .
    Not convinced. the iPhone shot has difficult edges . . . the X100 shot is messy to the extent that it spoils it . . . and the 3 shot HDR, although superficially and technically better . . . doesn't have any soul.

    Seems to me like a classic example of less is more - you've see this fantastic scene, so you've applied experience and equipment to capture it. The iPhone shot ought to be best because it has spontaneity . but the kit wasn't up to it.

    Shouldn't you have been taking the dog for a walk with your M9 and a 28 'cron?

    That way you'd have got the quality and the spontaneity.

    Just asking (and playing devils advocate a little).

    I guess my basic feeling is that your photographs mean that I can recognise that you say it was a fab view . . . and they may even reflect that view, but, to me, they don't convey it.

    I feel I can say this, because I like so many of your other shots so much.

    I think I better stop digging

    Just this guy you know

  49. #7699
    Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    113

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Tom, Tashley, thanks for your kind comments about my picture postcard.

    Ed, I adore your fall shot. Sort of an abstract Monet..

    Bill

  50. #7700
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Napa
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    173

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Ed, that shot is beyond excellent. I want one!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •