The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gdwhalen

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Love the first one, gorgeous composition!
Thank you. The second one loses out in the conversion to a jpg. The energy in the waves can only be seen as a large image. The great thing is that there is very little post work here. The sky was amazing that morning.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Gary - Very nice, lots of drama and energy in the sky and in the waves in the first one but also some peacefulness and soft tones at the water's edge and in the sand - it really gives the image some breadth and range. Nicely done!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

A bend in the river near Wawa, Ontario. 75-150 at 75 mm, P45+. The web image doesn't do justice to the extraordinary detail this back picks up.

Last edited:

JimCollum

bored, with the leaf 75s and zeiss 110/2 planar in hand. since the wife is tired of me pointing the camera in her direction.....

carstenw

Now that you've had it for a while, how do you like the 110/2, especially compared to other lenses you used before?

Graham Mitchell

Now that you've had it for a while, how do you like the 110/2, especially compared to other lenses you used before?
It's a bit lower in contrast, but that's not really an issue with digital because it's so easy to correct. Overall I'm very pleased with it. I could live with just the 110 and the 40.

David K

Workshop Member

Jim, very nice pussy cat shot :) I like the low contrast and the fall off in this image.

Status
Not open for further replies.