The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Benton

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

I'm shooting mostly Canon at the moment but this thread inspired me to dig through some of my old Kodak Proback 645 images. These were test shots I did a number of years ago, but reworked a little last night. This is my first time posting images, so be gentle.

David K

Workshop Member

Derek, those ice images bring back fond memories of the ice sailing I used to do on a lake when I lived up North. Can't say I miss those frigid days since moving to Florida.

Douglas, welcome to the forum. Great first post, I really like that gritty treatment...especially for these subjects.

jecxz

Derek, those ice images bring back fond memories of Douglas, welcome to the forum. Great first post, I really like that gritty treatment...especially for these subjects.
Douglas, I'm going to have to agree with David, nice work. How are you getting that effect?

Kind regards,
Derek

jecxz

Found this abandoned store front in Trenton, NJ; I jumped out of my Jeep and shot it with the H3DII39.

I'm posting it here, more for what it says than for the quality of the shot (not that there is anything special to it). I wondered, did the business move to a bigger and better store front or, in the alternative, did they go out of business over-promising a dream so many could not afford, which they, ultimately could not afford? I just don't know.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
http://www.jecxz.com

Douglas Benton

Okay, one more. I was driving through Kansas last spring with severe storms all around, but the sun broke for just long enough. This was with a borrowed P30+ and 40mm I think.

Douglas Benton

Thanks Derek,
No specific recipe. I use a combination of Alien Skin, Photo Kit Color and what use to be 55mm. I'm usually using bits of all of them, but rarely at full strength. I often end up going too far and then layer masking a percentage of the original back through. It's not uncommon for me to get to the end of an image and not know exactly how I got there.

Don Libby

South Rim Grand Canyon WRS1000,P45+ and Schneider 72mm all on top of a Cube.

Don Libby

Sunset in the Grand Canyon. Cambo WRS1000,P45+, Schneider 72mm on top of a Cube hanging over a cliff. Should print at 30x20

Don Libby

Sunset in the Grand Canyon

Beautiful shot, Don!
Thank you Carsten I'll admit to being partial to this one more so than the other. There I was, standing in near knee deep snow on the edge of the canyon when I had a slight mechanical melt down then all of a sudden the light changed and everything started working as it should and I only had one shot to get it. The Cube is extended out to its limits and I'm hanging on for dear life while Sandy is laughing her *** off at the whole situation (all of my own making). These are what makes being a landscape photographer worthwhile!

I'll be doing a test print of this soon both on paper and canvas to see which is better suited.

Thought you'd be interested in the background of the image...

Don

Dale Allyn

Love the "Sunset in the Grand Canyon" image, Don. Beautiful work.

Lots of great work here folks. This page shows a nice variety of cool images. Thanks for posting.

Douglas Benton

Thanks Don,
As a matter of fact the Field of Dreams isn't too far from where I live. Here's another from that shoot.

carstenw

Don, neat story. Maybe you should give Sandy a video camera in her hands when you shoot ;) I really like that shot, there is something different about it. Perhaps simply the emphasis on the foreground. Rather unusual for a Grand Canyon shot.

Jim, I really like that shot too! I love the clarity around the edges of the leaves.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks Derek,
No specific recipe. I use a combination of Alien Skin, Photo Kit Color and what use to be 55mm. I'm usually using bits of all of them, but rarely at full strength. I often end up going too far and then layer masking a percentage of the original back through. It's not uncommon for me to get to the end of an image and not know exactly how I got there.
I know the feeling only with me it never really matters but with you it does matter because I WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU DID IT!
:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.