The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, makes sense --- I wasn't sure of which camera, because back then you and I had Canons with TSE lenses, 4x5 and 8x10 view cameras and you had the Betterlight scanning back -- and IIRC, we each had ALL of those in the car with us! :ROTFL:

eleanorbrown

OK I was so taken by the monotone interperation of Jacks last images that I tried a similar approach on my Bosque work. Think I still prefer the color in this particular series (65+)...eleanor

JimCollum

Okay, makes sense --- I wasn't sure of which camera, because back then you and I had Canons with TSE lenses, 4x5 and 8x10 view cameras and you had the Betterlight scanning back -- and IIRC, we each had ALL of those in the car with us! :ROTFL:
we always shot in a minimalist manner... :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
OK I was so taken by the monotone interperation of Jacks last images that I tried a similar approach on my Bosque work. Think I still prefer the color in this particular series (65+)...eleanor
Speaking for myself only, I prefer the warm monochrome renditions. Color is also very nice, but has a very different feel, and as such both are certainly viable for these images, but I guess I have a thing for monochrome when there is such an abundance of shapes, texture and tone...

JimCollum

Speaking for myself only, I prefer the warm monochrome renditions. Color is also very nice, but has a very different feel, and as such both are certainly viable for these images, but I guess I have a thing for monochrome when there is such an abundance of shapes, texture and tone...
I agree with Jack. The monochrome versions are my favorite

eleanorbrown

Hmmm, two interesting takes on this series. I'll have to print some of the warm toned monotoned images out and see what I think. The reds in the original scenes was just so dramatic! BTW, I've started printing through Lightroom 3 beta and Advanced B&W and get wonderful warm tones. I now prefer Lightroom ABW printing over Imageprint. Eleanor

I agree with Jack. The monochrome versions are my favorite

Paratom

A new month, and a new theme for the POD (Pic-o-day) series

February 2010
I've been living in the Santa Cruz, Ca region for over 20 years now. There have been people I've passed weekly while walking through town, in parks, who I've seen time after time. I don't know them, don't know their story.. but i know their faces. For February, I'll try to meet many of them, learn their stories, and ask to borrow their likeness for record. Their stories will remain mine (... for those in the area, the opportunity is there for you to learn if you wish it), but their likeness will be posted here

The first shot of the series

Pan - Philosopher - Santa Cruz

Jim thats a cool image and-even if I repeat saying the same thing-good to see portait/people image here. I like the tones and the detail and the experession of his face.

jecxz

I go away for a short time and so many amazing photographs get posted!!! There's a lot of great work here.

Here is one from my recent trip to Lake Erie, H3DII39, 35mm, f16 at 1/4 sec:

And of course I met a few more ice fishermen!

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
www.jecxz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.