The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
What Mark isn t telling you is that he really lives in 116 ..ever since his wife found the Amex bill for his S2.

The images are great ..looks like you are picking up the S2 pretty quickly. If you would like to visit FL again ..I am sure David K and I could set you up with plenty of subject matter. Plus we want to use your S2!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thank you Dale. I have a lot to learn with a new camera - from capture to processing.
They should send you to our workshop with the purchase of a S2. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Look's good Mark and Congrats. Actually Leica is sending me one this week to take on the workshop for folks to play with.

Haha Roger! You aren't too far off. My wife wasn't too happy with me about spending so much for a camera, but she took it prett well. She was kidding me about the purchase again yesterday and I reminder her that I never claimed it was a smart decision. She is going to get some mileage out of it. That's OK because I am happy with S2.

Guy, I like your idea about the workshop. I wish I could attend - unfortunately timing doesn't work yet again. It is good of Leica to support your workshop by sending an S2. It gives folks a chance for hands-on use and determine of it feels better or worse than other options.

Felipe

After buying a Dremel tool at Bauhaus today i was finally able to modify a Sinar lens plate to accept the digital back. This combination works quite well but needs getting used to.

The setup looks like this:

etrump

Nice work Philipp, thanks for posting. I like the second one much better than the first. It doesn't look awkward to me.

Mark, I like all of these but your first image is an outstanding image of fine art photography. The last two have incredible DR which speaks well of the S2.

Thank you for the compliment Ed.

I have been watching this thread for a long time and there is some great stuff here. Now knowing just how much more the actual files have over the web size photos, I really wished it were possible to see many of the images posted here printed large.

Jack, in know where there is a similar scene to your junk car retaining wall not too far from me. As soon as the road is opened back up from the rock slide I plan on getting the shot. The detour is over 100 miles right now so I can wait for the road to re-open.

Last edited:
Ed, the Fairlane makes your sign image even better than mine. I have been intending to do a project of old signs for a couple years now. The idea came from a location a couple hours away my home which has several old signs that I am afraid won't last much longer. I hope to get back there soon.

P. Chong

A few more watch pictures...more technical than for artistic...these were my tests to decide on a MF system...Haselblad or Phase One.

These were shot in the dealer's studio...Phase One 645DF with P40+ and LS 1.8/80 with a No 3 extension ring. Lighting is one large Hensel Contra on a softbox overhead.

100% crop

Again, just test and shoot. No adjustment of time, or full cleaning of the subject...just a simple wipe with a micro fibre cloth.

100% crop, no sharpening

etrump

A few more watch pictures...more technical than for artistic...these were my tests to decide on a MF system...Haselblad or Phase One.

These were shot in the dealer's studio...Phase One 645DF with P40+ and LS 1.8/80 with a No 3 extension ring. Lighting is one large Hensel Contra on a softbox overhead.

100% crop, no sharpening

These are really impressive. This is the best example of the new leaf shutter lens and DF I have seen. My DF is on back order and this makes me very anxious to get it.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
P. Chong: Just a minor correction. The Schneider 80mm LS is an f/2.8 lens, not f/1.8.

I'd also suggest playing around with turning (standard) Luminance Noise Reduction to zero but tweaking the new-to-C1-5.1 Advanced Noise reduction for "surface" just a bit which is meant to enhance the smoothness of areas of continuous non-textured tone as appears in some of the metalwork in the subject there.

I also prefer "pre-sharpening 1" to having no sharpening at all - you'll maintain a largely-natural look without the introduction of artifacts for most subject matter, but you will draw out a bit more of the detail.

Guy Mancuso

I normally use presharpen 1 for my P40+ files and on some subjects about 15 points of clarity on the plus side that is.

Guy Mancuso

Doug. I don't see this new-to-C1-5.1 Advanced Noise reduction for "surface"

Never mind i found it . You had to add that in

Status
Not open for further replies.