The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, these are too cool! What did you do, take a body cap and drill an 1/8 hole in it?
Thanks Ed!

I bought a set of laser-drilled stainless-steel pinhole apertures off eBay for $25. I then drilled a 1/2" hole in the center of a body cap, cut a small hole in a piece of gaffer tape, stuck the pinhole on the gaffer and then taped it to the inside of the body cap. The focal from that is about 75mm, and since the desired aperture is around f180, you need an aperture hole diameter of about .016" (.417mm) -- that small is hard to make accurately without special tools and why I bought the laser set...

Cheers,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Woody, EXCELLENT! I love the gull up in the cloud, it really adds to the shot!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Going through some of mine right now. Here is one from the first morning:

Same general spot a day later. I think it illustrates the varied moods of the area:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just picked my wife up from the airport first time I seen her since I left and just showed her some of these images and the rest on the Salton Sea thread. Her jaw is on the floor, which knowing my wife a very critical eye on photography means we nailed it folks. Kudo's to the workshop attendees.

jerome

I'm testing the H3D2 50. I'm very impressed, I must say.

Here is a good example of the soft and natural color from Phocus (with 100 % crop at right)

Shot with the 80 mm, iso 50 f11

It was snowing ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.