The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, we have already spring now and maybe I´d be better off with some pictures of flowers or something, but here is one from last fall, shot with my Rolleiflex SL66, 80/2,8 Planar on Velvia 100.

Paul Spinnler

Hi guys!

Today I got delivery of my loaner H3D-II 50 which I'll be able to keep until the H4D-60 arrives.

I must say - WOW! This camera is so amazing.

Just took a quick mundane shot of a rose in a nearby garden, hope I'll be able to contribute some nice pics in the future!

Shot with HC 120 4.0!

Regards

Paul

Graham Mitchell

Can you be sure the train wasn't moving?

Actually I find this image quite disturbing. The focus on the left stump or boat tie down is very sharp but the water tower is sharp in the distance but at the same distance as the boat tie down the right side is completely out of focus. This makes zero sense to me. The yellow should be sharp but the red in the background shot at F8 really should not be holding sharpness at that level given the boat tie down is pretty close. I find this weird myself but maybe I'm nuts. No offense either but these are over sharpened and look unnatural. I shot the S2 and the 70 this system is no better than my Phase sorry. Actually I thought the 180 S2 lens was the better lens. Honestly I don't care either way but this looks funky to me and NOT my experience with the S2 processed very carefully. Marks looks more on the mark to me

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Ed, the place is Kilbear Provincial Park on Georgian Bay in Ontario. The photo is somewhat historic in that the little cabin is no longer there. The pic dates from about 1970. It was one of the first shots I sold at my first exhibition!

Thanks for your kind remark!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.